Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Miss Chatty

Our little Kara is talking! I swear she went from a few words here and there and lots of jabbering to a sizable vocabulary and phrases overnight. As a speech therapist, this pleases me. Here are a few new words and phrases as of late.

b0 (blow)
daddy eye-ee (daddy flying)
baby ty-ee (baby crying)
my baby
baby down
no Coby! (No colby)
pi-ee co (pretty coat)
puppy ee-ee (puppy sleeping)
b-b-b-bye
nigh-nigh
bwee (binky)

Obviously she is just a little obsessed with her "baby" which consists of 2 new dolls she got for Christmas. She has to have them wrapped in blankets and is often found kissing them on the forehead. She is very possessive of them and carries one of the two all around the house nearly all day.

She has also just recently learned the word "no" which is currently dominating her vocabulary. Just this morning, I decided to count how many time she said "no" in just 3 minutes. The final count was 37. There's not usually a single, "no" but, "no no no no no," which is usually directed towards Colby. I think I'd like to go back to her head shake which was portraying her message just fine.

2 comments:

Barnes said...

It's so crazy to think that our little girls are growing up so fast. I can tell you are a SLP--because you can write exactly what how she says it--maybe I need you to tell me how to spell what Anna is saying? And I can't believe that Colby is taking violin...I must be a slacker on the mom thing or something? About the Wii--go to Hyde's on Saturday--then you can come and play at our house sometime too...take care.
Heather

Shannon said...

Heather- Yah slacker mom. I can't believe that Nick isn't in piano or something and that you don't have Anna in dance. Get with it! Ha ha. See you Saturday and I'm going to kick your butt in some sweet wii games (alright, that totally just showed my lack of wii intellect).