President Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints passed away last Sunday, January 27, 2008.
President Hinckley served as our prophet for almost 13 years. I will remember him by his efforts in temple expansion and his tireless dedication to this church. I will also greatly miss his unique sense of humor! You could always count on a good laugh every time he spoke.
His funeral was held yesterday at the Conference Center. It was fun to hear the memories spoken of by his family and general authorities he served with and to remember and celebrate what an exceptional man he was. It was also so neat to think about the reunion with his wife and the great example their marriage was to us.
I will always remember the time I was able to sing in the Bountiful Utah Temple Dedication while standing right behind President Hinckley (first counselor to President Hunter at the time), as well as the time he attended my ward's sacrament meeting on a fast Sunday and how I bore my testimony just so I could shake his hand on the way back to my seat.
President Hinckley had a charisma that made him such a likeable person and earned him the respect of so many people. He has done so much for this church and will always be remembered.
We will miss him tremendously!
President Hinckley served as our prophet for almost 13 years. I will remember him by his efforts in temple expansion and his tireless dedication to this church. I will also greatly miss his unique sense of humor! You could always count on a good laugh every time he spoke.
His funeral was held yesterday at the Conference Center. It was fun to hear the memories spoken of by his family and general authorities he served with and to remember and celebrate what an exceptional man he was. It was also so neat to think about the reunion with his wife and the great example their marriage was to us.
I will always remember the time I was able to sing in the Bountiful Utah Temple Dedication while standing right behind President Hinckley (first counselor to President Hunter at the time), as well as the time he attended my ward's sacrament meeting on a fast Sunday and how I bore my testimony just so I could shake his hand on the way back to my seat.
President Hinckley had a charisma that made him such a likeable person and earned him the respect of so many people. He has done so much for this church and will always be remembered.
We will miss him tremendously!






3 comments:
He really was an amazing man.
Great photo. I think it will take me a while to really sink in that he's gone.
He was such an amazing men!!! I made my blog private and need your e-mail address to invite you as a reader. E-mail me at melissahyde84037@yahoo.com THANKS!!!
Post a Comment