Do you ever find yourself saying, "I'd do anything for...." and then having absolutely no intention of making any effort whatsoever in actually doing something to achieve it? For example. "I'd do anything for a Wendy's Tagalong Blizzard right now. Except that I don't want to get my butt in the car and drive there." Or, "I'd do anything to have straight teeth. Except get braces." Or, "I'd do anything for my dog to stop crapping in the living room except spend the money and time taking him to dog training classes."
I think a more accurate way of saying it would be, "Wouldn't that be sweet if someone did all the work, paid for, and/or went through the pain, for me, for something I really want because I'm lazy, cheap, and/or a wuss?"
Thursday, October 01, 2009
I'd do anything
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
LOL, kind of like wanting my 3 year old to just potty train himself and be done with his binky. I really want those things, just not enough to do anything about it. You're funny.
"i'd do ANYTHING to lose weight....except eat right and exercise!"
so funny and so true. ditto to andrea and emily, and you, dang it now I want a blizzard.
Why didn't you take your dogs to doggy training?? Another discussion for another post I guess.
I would do anything for all of my kids to be in bed right now and my house to be finished being painted. Except for put the kids to bed and pick up a paint brush. I'm gonna go watch The Office instead.
If only we could wiggle our noses and blink only to find all of these things done for us! I do have to say, braces aren't all that bad if you're really thinking about it...
I just love your editorial posts!
You are the funniest person-I love you!
Post a Comment