or otherwise known as "Richins" Law.
At least it should be.
Or maybe it's just plain ol' good irony.
Call it what you will.
As my previous post mentioned, after we went on a rather pricey trip (that we saved for) for our anniversary, we came home to a dead fridge which started a domino affect of appliances dying.
And it hasn't stopped yet.
Last week our furnace died.
Thank goodness Cameron is a do-it-yourselfer because he went on the internet and figured out how to fix it.
7th bullet dodged. It's about time.
7th bullet dodged. It's about time.
However. We started a new health plan this year which give us really low monthly premiums but really high deductibles. It ends up being less per year as long as you don't have any really expensive medical expenses. Since we generally don't go to the doctor a ton, we decided to give it a go.
The new health plan started January 1st.
In the last 5 days, I've had two freak things happen to me, that required two different trips to the doctor, a trip to the Instacare, an EKG, a cat scan, loads of blood work and a minor surgery. Oh, and I'm fine. If you want details, give me a ring- it's fun stuff.
What am I supposed to be learning? Obviously I haven't learned it yet...






3 comments:
That totally sticks. Last year we signed up for a HSA with the low premiums and sure enough on January 1st, the first day of the new plan my Emily splits her head open and because it was a holiday the only place that would stitch her up was the ER. $1200 later I wished I would have flown my sister who's a doctor in Cali in. She could have stitched her up been back on the next flight and I still would have fared better than the ER visit.
Oh Shannon. This is terrible news. I hope you are feeling better. Poor girl!
Seriously! We come for dinner and I don't even hear the story? I am dying to know. I may have to call you. My RN brain always assumes the worst, so I need details.
Post a Comment