Monday, January 30, 2012

Move out of my way people

There are few things that can get me from zero to sixty in no time flat. Zero being...Everything is right in the world and made of marshmallows. Sixty being...Don't get near me or I might rip your face off, chew it up, spit it out, then drop kick it through the window. What? You don't feel rage such as this? Anyway, I like to call them the precursors to an IBM or Instand Bad Mood (a term coined by, I believe, the author of The Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life). Nothing to do with a bowel movement, although maybe that would lighten things up a little. Here are mine

1. Chewy Chicken. ESPECIALLY when I've spent a pretty penny on the organic stuff. My heart rate is starting to increase just thinking about it.
2. Hot water turning to cold during a shower. Maybe if I had some warning or something, I wouldn't want to melt down like a toddler who hasn't napped in a week.
3. Sticky floors. The feeling of the sole of my shoe lingering just a tad longer to the floor than it should, mixed with that crinkly scrunchy sound it makes, is just too much.
4. Losing something that I just saw. Really- scissors don't just get up and walk themselves. This one's gonna land me in the loony bin if it happens one more time.
5. Banging my shin on a sharp surface. Why is this so maddening? Is it because I have no one to blame but my clutsy self?
6. Showing up to church EARLY and there are no seats. Sure, they aren't full of people, but instead people's scriptures and bags. I'm just waiting for the day that a member of the bishopric will read a letter at the pulpit from the first presidency banning the very act of saving seats in church. Period.
7. Finding dirty dishes in the dishwasher after the cleaning cycle is complete. When this happens, I usually blame my husband or the dishwasher. Either way, this makes me crazy.

What puts you in an IBM?

7 comments:

Shauna said...

I agree with every one of these. I have to admit the sticky floors drive me bonkers, especially when I just cleaned them. Grrrr.

Eliza said...

So funny, I so love picturing your face as your saying this. remember when I asked what your personal hell would be, and did you know the picture of you walking around on sticky floors in socks having Mariah Carey/Celine Dion being blasted kills me everytime. so so funny.

A STAR is born said...

In no particular order (most of these have to do with driving):
--When my GPS all of a sudden won't work and I'm already driving
--Traffic
--When someone won't let me into their lane and it makes me miss my exit. Honestly, I am amazed at the fury this creates in me. I should never carry weapons.
--Losing things
--Coming home from the grocery store and realizing I forgot one item
--Unfinished errands (like driving all the way to the dry cleaners and they haven't finished my stuff yet)
--Nickleback
--Watching the news on TV

...I have sooo many more it's embarrassing. Apparently psychotic rage runs in the family.

mghsnow@yahoo.com said...

First of all what you have inherited from your family, (namely, your mother) is the condition EAS, not psychotic rage. That is too strong, Stefanie. EAS is a lifetime syndrome, incurable. So sorry but just deal with it!
By the way for everyone out there who may not know what EAS is (since I dubbed it) EASILY ANNOYED SYNDROME

Angie said...

I freak out when my kids head butt me! I try to stay calm but snuggling one minute and bleeding the next is infuriating! Also, comments about me being "busy" from complete strangers. I just always feel like they are against me having three kids.

Molly Koch said...

Ok I love this. My biggest rage is when Braden hits my butt every time he passes by. If I had a penny for every time he hits my butt I would be a billionaire.
Every time Troy loses something. I love him with all my heart but the absent minded husband thing gets me every time. He just lost his second wedding ring after only 2 months. Gone its a goner maybe it will find his other lost one and they can be friends although that ones been gone 4 years This week alone we have hunted down his phone 5 times his keys 4 a belt, shoe matches, and his glasses twice. And those are only the ones I remember.
When I ask my kids to put their shoes on 9 times only to find that they have misplaced one can't find the socks I rounded up for them and are begging to just wear flip-flops instead when it's 40 degrees out.

Katrina said...

Thanks mom for giving me license to freak out or at least feel better about doing it so much.
Mine:
1. When I can't find something. Anything. Whether I had it 10 seconds ago or 10 days ago. I venture that I have spent 30% of my life purely looking for stuff.
2. Spilled milk. AHHHH! I HATE IT. I cry over spilled milk.
3. Strangers who are younger than me who call me "hun."
4. When I cause bodily harm to myself. Most especially dropping stuff on my toes. WHY does that hurt so bad?
5.Anything sung by Patrcik Swayze from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.
6. The teen and preteen snotty, condescending comeback,"WOW."
7. Doing 30 in a 40 mph. COME ON!
8. Someone who rides MY tail when I'm already going 8-10 miles over the speed limit.
More to come....'cuz there are so many more!