Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patty's Day Spuds


I don't care much for traditions mostly because it means I have to commit to something and I just don't like that. But because we've been cruising around Houston this weekend while Cameron's dad has been in town, we didn't have time to even think about acknowledging the day, let alone participate in St. Patrick's day celebration. But today, I did get around to making some green mashed potatoes for dinner. Nope- it's not food coloring. It's pureed peas, mashed into the potatoes. Read it in a magazine, I think. And they were delicious! Cameron might say that that's a stretch, but I thought they were great and knowing there was some veggie goodness in them made them go down even better. Cook some frozen peas, throw them in the blender with a little chicken broth and mash 'em up with your regular mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Looks good! Gravy or no gravy?

Colette said...

Great idea Shan; and I love that you don't want to commit to traditions. That's not to say you don't have fun. I just want you to know I totally understand. I have a friend who makes cookies for her children (she has five, I mean five! :-) EVERY Friday. My comment is: Why limit cookies to just Friday? And, why would I ever want to pressure myself into feeling like I HAD to make cookies on Fridays?

Anyway, long story short - I get it. And, I like your green potatoes.

Anonymous said...

We are too much glad to see this blog because with the help of this blog we can easily choose too much attractive and fashionable pearl jewelry for us. So we feel thankful to you for posting this blog. We wish more people will know the beauty of oysters and pearls. They are so fashion, such as oyster pearl. Hope you will like them more.