Helping in the kitchen- One of Colby's favorite things to do. And when I'm not in a hurry, I enjoy having his help as well. The only major catastrophe in the kitchen so far was when Colby insisted on getting out an egg to crack himself (which he can actually do quite well for a two-year-old) and ended up knocking the entire 18 egg carton onto the ground. I was in a big hurry during this incident and had to head out the door. The huge pile of shattered shells and slimy eggs actually sat on the floor for some time until we got back and I was able to clean it up. Too bad I wasn't in the right mind to snap a picture.
Although I think Valentines is entirely over-rated, we did have a good time. Cameron left on a trip Wednesday morning so we celebrated Tuesday night by going to Olive Garden where we met Jeremy and Karla and their two kids Nolan and Macy. Jeremy was also leaving for a trip on Wednesday. It's nice to have a friend who also experiences the deep emotional wounds of a husband who flies on Valentines day. Colby and Kara got some Valentines books from me which, according to Cameron, is no surprise. He claims I am totally predictable since that's the only thing I get them. Hey- if you're gonna get too much of something, it might as well be books, right?





0 comments:
Post a Comment