I am officially ready for Spring to begin. What will I remember about the winter of 2006-2007? Weeks of poor air quality, frigidly cold temperatures, and most of all, sickness after sickness. Cameron and I both had more than one severe cold, Colby's had a chronic runny nose and a couple little bugs (he'll actually go down as being the most healthy out of all of us) and it's hard to remember the last time Kara wasn't stuffy and coughing. To top it all off, she came home from the doctor today with a diagnosis of RSV.
Though this post sounds negative, I'm actually writing to share how blessed the Richins family really is. Though we've had our share of sickness, we also have more than we could ever hope for. Cameron has a good, solid job that he loves (some days more than others-it helps when the weather is cooperating and he doesn't have to sit on a runway for 3 hours with a bunch of grumpy passengers who just want to go home, only to show up to a wife who's grumpy because he was 3 hours late). We have 2 kids who are so much fun and who teach us what's really important. I love that most of our family is close by who we rely on for just about everything. And besides the nagging winter illnesses, we are healthy. I feel lucky that Kara has RSV now, at 9 months, rather than 8 months ago as a newborn where it would have been much more serious. My dad is still with us (and feeling better than ever) after a heart attack that gave us a good scare. This winter may not go down as the best winter ever, but will hopefully not be forgotten as yet another season when we've been blessed with more than we deserve.
Friday, February 23, 2007
It's been a long winter
Posted by Shannon at 4:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment