Sunday, May 27, 2007

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays

Kara's Cake Dive

Colby and his New Kitchen

Cameron's Big 30th
It hit me this year that every spring, I will be sorry for "planning" to have both my babies around the same time of year. With Cameron's and Kara's May birthdays being only 5 days apart just weeks after Colby's birthday, things got a little hectic. Normally it wouldn't be as crazy as it was this year, but each birthday was a significant one. How many times does your baby turn one, your husband turn 30 and your toddler turn 3? After all the partying was over, I was definitely party-ed out and was finally able to breath a huge sigh of relief.
  • KARA
My little baby Kara is now one year old. She is just as sweet as she was the day she was born, but now with a little female attitude. She knows what she wants and with her big brown eyes, she pretty much gets it with no questions asked.
I didn't think it was possible, but this little girl actually eats more than her big brother Colby. The picture of her eating her cake was just the beginning. She managed to work on it for an extended period of time until she made her way through almost half of it. And that was after she ate a pretty good-sized dinner. The doctor said that kids will experience an decrease in appetite at 12 months. She didn't say anything about a sharp increase in appetite with what seems like every meal. Sometimes I just quit feeding her because I get full just watching her.
She hasn't decided that walking is her favorite means of mobility yet, even though she is able to do it quite well. For now, crawling suits her just fine. She jabbers a lot and occasionally sneaks out a few da-das and uh-ohs and especially likes making weird sounds with her unbelievably long tongue.
Kara got a doll (among lots of toys and clothes) for her birthday. I actually shopped around to find a doll that would best suit Kara's needs. Seriously- I shopped around. And does a one-year-old really have dolly needs? If you would have told me I would do this, before I became a mom, I would have thought you were a psycho maniac.
  • CAMERON
He's officially hit the big three-oh. I think he's looking pretty good for a post- twenties man and all the coke drinking and pop tart eating hasn't caught up with him yet. ...That's why Kara can eat whatever she wants and still look like a rock star...
  • COLBY
Colby's loving his new kitchen. He prefers to make pizza, cookies and muffins and is always ready to caution me to not burn my hands by saying, "Mom, don't touch these cookies! They are buwy buwy hot!"

0 comments: