Sunday, April 13, 2008
Thanksgiving in April
Today was our 2nd annual Thanksgiving in April. Every year for Christmas, SkyWest so generously gives us a bonus. The bonus is a coupon for a free turkey. I know, not quite as glamorous as a membership to a cheese-of-the-month club for a year, but we're not about to complain about anything free. Because the coupon expires in April and we leave everything to the last minute, Thanksgiving in April was born. It was good to have the Cooks (our move-away-to-Vernal-friends) back, in our last ditch attempt to make them sorry they left us. I'm not sure it worked. I think it was the dry turkey. Blast that turkey- if only my delicious juicy turkey attempt was successful.
Because real Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday and doesn't come around nearly enough, I thought I'd share a few things I'm grateful for.
Today, April 13, 2008 I am thankful for
1. Good company-friends that are easy to be with and who are always good for a few laughs
2. A mother who allows me to call her 6 (maybe 7?) times about how to cook the same dang turkey
3. My mismatched furniture
4. The sound of a lawn mower
5. Garlic (so far so good at repelling the mosquitoes....ask for more details)
6. Hugs from my kiddos
7. Having a non-complainer husband
8. And yes, good food. No thankful list of mine would be complete without some reference to food. Today, I'd have to say I'm particularly thankful for strawberry rhubarb pie, yummy potato rolls and sausage stuffing.
Posted by Shannon at 10:39 PM
Labels: friends, Thanksgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
We really have to keep doing this every year. The food was fabulous and the turkey was not dry. By the way, not a good idea to drive a long distance after eating Thanksgiving dinner, turkey makes one very tired. But, a Mtn. Dew did the trick and I was wide awake. Thanks again. - Cami
Shannon, how fun! You are so great to host and cook for friends. I do need to know about the garlic mosquito thing too.
How fun are you! I love that idea, why not have thanksgiving in april? totally agree with the sound of a lawnmower it just epitomizes (sp?) summer. and I'm super impressed you even attempted a turkey even if you had to call your mom, just thinking about the day when I might have to do my own is giving me a panic attack : )
How fun is that. Such a great idea. There are always so many things to be thankful for.
Looks fun and delicious. BUT did it beat Thanksgiving at the St. George Chuck-A-Rama (ha ha)?
Amber- Heck no. Chuck-a-rama (St. George of course) would kick my butt if we had a juicy delicious turkey cook-off. Now that is sad. Besides the turkey, however, yes the rest of the food was top notch.
Post a Comment