Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day




Opening a book from Grandma and Grandpa after our Christmas Eve dinner with my family


Colby opening his book



Arranging the cookies for Santa




This is what I found on Christmas Eve. Colby did not want this pile disturbed so he wrote a sign, with help from Dad, I think, that says...



"This is my pile and your pile"


Sleeping on the floor together in Kara's room. Being able to tell them Santa doesn't come till you're asleep was a beautiful thing. Easiest bedtime I can remember for a long time!



Waiting on the stairs Christmas morning



Opening up her dress-ups



Modeling all 3 of her dress-ups at the same time





Trying out his new camera which he used all day. Unfortunately, it got taken away by the end of the day for some naughty behavior. It's true that Santa not only gives us presents but can take them away if we're not behaving, right?


Events not pictured:


Christmas Eve lunch at Applebee's with Cameron's family


Christmas brunch at our house



Christmas was especially fun this year as the kids start to get a little older and are starting to catch on (we hope) to what we are teaching them. Both Colby and Kara were able to tell us why we have Christmas and sort of why we give and get presents. I was even pleasantly surprised how still they sat and how well they listened as Cameron read the Christmas story and we lit the candles on our nativity scene on Christmas Eve. And the next day, the Curious George stuffed animal Colby got as a gift became the Baby Jesus which slept in Kara's baby crib, which she got as a gift. Of course most, or all, of the excitement was about Santa and the gifts, but I hopefully one day, it won't be -I'm sure not till they have children of their own! Cameron had to leave for work at 10:00 am on Christmas day and didn't end up making it back to Salt Lake till 12:30 am (instead of 6:00 pm) because they shut down the airport due to weather. He had to be at the airport again at 6:00 am this morning so he ended up just sleeping there. No fun for him, but at least we got him for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning!


Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!


3 comments:

Elisha said...

Sounds like such a fun day! Did you know that Ryan got that exact same camera from Santa? He loves it too!

Kurt and Tami said...

Lexi got the same dress up set as Kara. I love the look on Colby's face as he's lifting the table!

Amber said...

I love that your kids are such good buddies. The pictures of them together getting Santa's cookies ready and on the stairs Christmas morning are adorable! And Colby's sign is great. I always just used the'invisible line' that divided my stuff or space from my siblings. I never thought to use a sign, what a smart boy!