Thursday, February 11, 2010

Breakfast

at our house this morning






This is 3 degrees warmer than when we woke up this morning (and the time is wrong- it was about 9:00 am when I took the picture).

Ya, our furnace is broken. 

Isn't if funny how you're so good to never touch the money in your "home repairs" fund for say, 7, maybe 8 months and watch it accumulate nicely for the inevitable breakdown to occur and then when it doesn't, you think, 'what the heck, nothing's breaking down- let's good ahead and take a good chunck of money out of it for some home improvements' and then THE VERY NEXT DAY, and I'm not exaggerating, your furnace goes out. It's really quite hilarious.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

okay those pictures are so sadly adorable. I'm super impressed you had a home repair fund, and crazy unbelievable about the timing. so sorry.

Elisha said...

Oh my gosh, that stinks. I've been "saving" up a little bit here and there to hopefully finally get a Mac computer...and our clothes washer just broke. I'm devastated. We don't need clean clothes, though. Right?

Barnes said...

I didn't know the furnace went out-but I did happen to drive by and see that you are doing some sort of project...share what it is and how it looks when you are done!!

Kelly said...

Wow! That temp. almost feels like my house, LOL. Paul keeps the house so cold I walk around with my winter coat on all day. I hope you're able to get heat really quickly.

Amber said...

Brrrr. I hope it's warmer there now. Sorry you used your funds, but have to tell you how this post has influenced me to want to start back up on the budgeting. I need to call you and ask you a couple of things...The kids look so cute in their snow clothes for breakfast!

Shauna said...

Hope it is fixed and you guys are nice and warm again. Thursday was so fun as usual.