Thursday, July 29, 2010

When it rains it pours

or in other words, when we spend money on unnecessary things (i.e. deck and vacation), things break down in our house.
Expensive things.
Appliances.
And then they ruin other parts of our house. And then Dave Ramsey gives me a call to say I told you so.







My kitchen floor when I woke up this morning due to a leak from the dishwasher

This happening just weeks after we got home from our trip to find that our fridge and freezer had died along with everything in it. Imagine carcasses baking in near 100 degree heat for approximately 10 days.  Needless to say, it's everybody's dream to come home to but at least I got a new fridge out of it. One with filtered water in the door and everything!

Really though, through all this crazy irony, I'm not crying myself to sleep that our wood floors that I've always hated have to be torn out. So I'm off to Home Depot to look at flooring!

I'm also thinking about going on a spending spree for clothes or something because my washer has been driving me crazy and I REALLY want one of those front loaders.

2 comments:

Shill and Company said...

Oh no!!! I am so sorry for you guys!

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry. That's no fun!