Friday, July 06, 2007

NO MORE DIAPERS!
(At least size 5 diapers...)




Yes, it's true. I can finally say that Colby is potty trained. There are still some occasional accidents, but really, aren't we all guilty of that every once-in-a-while? He's even stayed dry all night long the last 3 nights in a row. I have considered today the day he is actually trained because he passed my IKEA potty test. He successfully completed 4 hours of IKEA shopping without an accident. Pretty impressive, don't you think? You might wonder which is more impressive, no potty accidents or the fact that he endured IKEA for 4 hours without a 3-year-old meltdown. I'll let you decide.



I also wanted to share my first IKEA-Draper experience. I've been to several IKEAs before including DC, San Francisco and San Diego so I knew what I was up against. Cameron and I even made a special trip to San Diego just to go to IKEA. But this is the first IKEA trip I've made where I didn't have to worry about how I might carry my treasures onto an airplane. It was a challenge trying to carry on my 6 month old baby boy along with 3 very long curtain rods a few years ago after a DC trip. Anyway, knowing I could buy anything that would fit in my car and that I could drive back another day for things I wasn't sure about, made my trip a little more enjoyable. I'm also proud of myself for holding off my trip until now to avoid the huge crowds. Here are a few of my purchases.... .

0 comments: