Shortly following my pathetic and humble plea, our little guy finally decided to come on Friday, April 3, 2009. All on his own and ALMOST all natural. Even though he resembles a wrinkly old man, we decided to not go with Benjamin. Not that Benjamin necessarily means you look like a wrinkly old man- Cameron was just referring to Benjamin Button for those who didn't get the reference to the movie...
Introducing Ty
.
A quick explanation of these photos that I was so thrilled that Cameron posted. In between contractions, Cameron got me laughing- I'm can't remember what about and my belly was just a-shakin' so it made me laugh harder until I was in a complete fit. It hurt too, which is why I look like I am in pain. Because I am. But I wasn't laughing for long...
7lb. 7 oz. Our littlest one yet!

Here are few details of the big day. I had contractions all day long on Friday starting at about 5:00am. I thought they were fake ones again because they were so irregular. After walking around the mall for 4 hours (not because I wanted a new pair of jeans, but because we thought we'd kick those contractions into gear) we finally decided to go home. Still thinking it was false labor, the contractions started to get pretty darn intense till we finally decided to drop the kids off and head to the hospital. Good thing we did, because I had Ty 2 hours later. I was a 6 when I got to the hospital and thought since I was already that far, I could maybe go the rest of the way without the epidural.
Ha! I'd like to know what evil little voice was telling me that. By the time I decided I was dead wrong and could not finish the marathon, I had progressed significantly and the Anaesthesiologist was at home. He made it by the time I was an 8 or 9 or so and screaming for the rest of the hospital to hear. He gave me a spinal/epidural combo since the epidural would not kick in for 10 minutes. While he was sticking my back, my water broke and within seconds I was a 10 and ready to push. Still no numbness. Worse pain EVER imagined times 100. The Spinal kicked in and Ty was there a few minutes later and was delivered by the on-call doc. since my Dr. didn't make it in time. Never ever again will I even entertain the thought of going natural. And I really hope you don't either. Learn from my mistake. Just think of this as a public service announcement. Epidural good. Natural bad.
Anyhow. We are so glad that he is finally here and doing well. He is irresistibly cute and so sweet. The first week has been pretty brutal as expected, but the adjustment is getting better and better.





17 comments:
He's beautiful. Congrats Shannon and family. I LOVE the name Ty.
What a sweet little baby. It is good to hear that you are both doing well. I am sorry you had such a painful birth.
i love him. I am dying to talk to you. everytime i try- the kids go nuts.... and i want time to see how you are. i promise i am thinking about you. and congrats. he is just darling, and i am so happy his name is Ty. I always knew you had a Ty waiting for your family. miss you- congrats again!!!
oh dang! he is so cute. so...i left you alone for the first week but i have to say my patience is running thin. can i come over now? i seriously need to smell that baby and know that all this puking is for something!!!
Yay! Finally here. He's a cutie! You're so brave to try and go natural. I couldn't make it more than an hour or so with out meds. Cute name. Congrats!
So, I feel like it's all my fault you went for the natural birth. Lulling you into a false sense of security. NEVER trust a woman who hasn't gone through labor naturally in over 9 years! The brain must block out all the bad remembrances--kinda like the old married couple in their 80's..."oh no, we never had a fight or raised our voices to one another in our whole marriage." Know what I mean? Well, it's in the past now and you have a good story to tell Ty. He's beautiful!
I'll admit you had plenty to do with it Katrina. Yes, I blame you. And- I'm not sure I'll ever forget that pain...But you're right, it's in the past and I'll be sure to tell people not to trust you!!
So you don't trust your Mom either? I had four of those "naturals" you know and I'm still alive to tell about it. I know you aren't a wimp, after finishing a beam routine with a broken toe including the dismount!
Congrats! He is Beautiful your kids are so cute, Call me if you need anything
Hi Shannon! He is so cute....but I'm not surprised. I've always thought your kids were the cutest. So congratulations! It was fun to read the whole delivery story....I only knew some of the details from what my mom had told me. I've been thinking about you and really want to come visit. However, Brooklyn's got a nasty cold so I'm going to wait until she's better. Can't wait to meet him! (And I LOVE his name!)
what a cute litte guy. i can't believe you now have three little ones. and i laughted at your delivery story. i wanted drugs for my delivery. i made sure everyone knew this far in advance but they didn't have time, dez came too fast, and there it was, all natual. painful! i hope to experience drugs next time! congtrats, hope you guys are all adjusting well.
Congrats Shannon!! I need to come meet this little guy. We saw Steph at a concert on Friday, and she informed me you already had him. I am so excited for you guys. I will call you after things settle down.
love the pictures...especially the first family picture. Those are always my favorite. Glad you made it through. :-)
you are funny. And Ty is so cute and your whole family is just adorable! I think you deserve an award for going as long as you did without meds, seriously wow couldn't do it. is there any way your coming to book club b/c I'm dying to see him.
Congratulations, we love our April babies.
Oh, he is so precious! Congratulations you guys. It sounds like he is so loved! You have such an incredibly beautiful family. We are so happy for you all.
Oh and by the way Shannon, I had two babies that were practically natural, and two that were completely pain free, and I will DEFINITELY agree that the epidural is our friend. Perhaps one of the greatest inventions of all time!
Shan...I coulda told you that drugs were the only way. When Mike had his tumor, I had the opportunity of watching Jonny be born. Julie wanted to go natural too. After watching how painful it was for her, I knew I never needed to experience a natural delivery for myself. Way to go, though, you the woMAN!
Post a Comment