Sorry in advance for the ramblings you are about to endure if you choose to read on. But this pregnancy consumes my every thought and I'm in the mood to blog. And don't mess with me right now. Really, ask Cameron- it's just not a good idea.
To be or not to be...induced.
I'm totally against it. For me. Why? I'm kind of a thrill junkie and I guess I get thrills off of not knowing the baby's gender, not knowing when the baby will come and whether Cameron will be around when it happens. Will I go into labor while Cameron is in the cockpit on his way to Missouri and he'll have to apologize over the PA system to his passengers that their trip will be delayed a bit because he has to turn the plane around and go back to Salt Lake City because his wife is in labor which he totally can't do, therefore risking his very job and our well-being as we know it, just to come to his wife's rescue? And then when he's speeding home he gets pulled over by a cop and when the cops learns of the situation, he gets a police escort all the way to the hospital where he makes it just in the nick of time for the birth of his beautiful baby. And then SkyWest learns of his heroic act and gives him a raise for being such a family guy even though he lost the company thousands of dollars. I guess as a mom with not much of a life, I'll take any excitement where I can get it. I also tend to like things a little more natural. I want the baby to come when it's suppose to come. I want to see what my body will do without being induced. Will my water break on it's own? Will the labor be long or short? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good epidural because although I like surprises, I am pretty wimpy. Though I admit, there's a little part of me that wants to see if I can pull off a labor and delivery without the drugs. There's something about saying you had a baby natural. Right mom, Katrina, Julie, Crystal?
I don't enjoy taking medications in case I absolutely have to. I'm not quite sure why this is. Maybe it's because in college I took too many aspirin and ibuprofen (on accident) when I had some bad cramps and ended up in the hospital twice with a damaged esophagus and had to be on a liquid diet for a week. Sometimes I'm just down-right neurotic about it. I don't take my kids (or myself) to the doctor unless we are near death. I have only given Colby an antibiotic for an ear infection once out of 4 or 5 infections and Kara has never had an antibiotic for her ear infections. The rest of the infections have gone away on their own. Studies show that 80% do resolve on their own while the pain can be controlled with some Motrin so it seems like a no-brainer to me. Of course I'm not a nazi about it-Strep Throat is a different story. I wouldn't hesitate to give an antibiotic for that. There is definitely a happy medium in which I'm striving to move closer to. I learned a valuable lesson a few months ago when I came down with Shingles. That's right. Shingles. Apparently it's not just an elderly person's virus as Cameron thought. The absolute misery I experienced could have been lessened. I refused to go the doctor for nearly a week and because of it, it became full-blown Shingles that lasted for over a month. The duration could have been decreased significantly if I had just gone to the doctor and started the medication sooner. Stupid.
So back to being induced. Some of my original reasons for not being induced are quickly wearing off. The excitement of when the baby will come? I'm over it. I want the baby to come. Now. Please. No more fake contractions. No more feeling like maybe my water broke. No more feeling like something enormously huge (roughly 7-9 pounds) is coming out of me any second. No more stares from people at Walmart. Oh please, like you've never seen a big 'ol pregnant woman at Walmart in ugly sweats and a shirt that doesn't fit. No more crazy dreams about Queen Latifa telling me tonight is the night (after watching Secret Life of Bees). And will Cameron make it to the birth of his child? I'm even more over that. I sorta want him there. The whole dramatic scene to make it home suddenly doesn't seem so exciting anymore- just stressful. Do I still want the baby to come when it's suppose to and not because I told it when to come with Pitosin? Yes. Not that I'm against anyone else getting induced. It's a personal decision-I'm just a little psycho.
After all this rambling, I'm right where I started. I don't want to be induced. But I'm miserable, stressed and anxious as heck. So please baby. Please come soon. Please come before you are 10 pounds and before I actually tear the heads off of my husband and 2 helpless children. For the love... please come now. I'm a big whiny baby. Really big, whiny baby.






5 comments:
OK, first of all take a deep breath and remember that babies are easier in than out and you will be a little sad when its over. Second, you are a strong person and you can endure a few more days....your baby won't be 10 pounds, maybe 9, but not 10.
Third, relax, your baby can feel your stress so chill and enjoy these last days of just the 4 of you because your life is about to change in a big and best way!
ps. don't get induced.
pss. you have cute hair.
psss. stop going to walmart, that doesn't help anyone.
Shannon while I agree that you can make it through the next few days. I am totally a lover of getting induced. 1st. you can get your epidural as early as you like. No pain for child birth is pretty sweet. It almost feels like cheating. 2nd movies rented to watch, babysitter set up, husband there, house clean, cute after baby pictures with hair done and makeup on.... must I got on. 3rd not having to go through those last few miserable days of pregnancy. Each minute seems like hours when your miserable. So I am guessing you wont get induced knowing your adversion to medicine. But if you decide to, dont wait long for your epidural. The contractions are closer together and hurt because your water has been broken. Alright enought of my rambling. I am excited to see when this little one will make an appearance.
I have to agree. Although I've only been induced once I loved it. Everything was planned and I was prepared and I felt so much more relaxed. I'm sorry to hear that you had Shingles. Not fun at all. Good luck with your decision. Can't wait to meet your new little bundle of joy.
I loved reading this post and laughed my head off, starting with the picture of the cow. What!? It was very entertaining. Congrats, by the way. Thanks for the text with the news! p.s. epidural? or natural?
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just heard/then proceeded to see... via blog... your new bundle! YEAH!!! HE IS ADORABLE!! I love his cheeks! I thought this post was one of the funniest I have ever read. I think every 9 months + woman on the planet can relate! I am sure you are thrilled you didn't get induced....now that it's over. :) It's what you truly wanted, deep, deep, down. :) We are so happy for your cute family!
Post a Comment