That's right. David Archuletta's, "goin' away, uh-ay, uh-ay, uh-ay, ya-a-uh." You know the tune. And lucky for me, I woke up singing it too. It even made it to the shower. And then I wanted to shoot myself in the foot.
Thanks to some friends, we got to go to the Salt Lake Real, I mean Real Salt Lake (sorry Dave) soccer game last night where David Archuletta sang the National Anthem and did a mini concert after the game. Though I'm not a huge fan (mostly of his awkwardness- he does have a nice voice and you gotta admit that that tune I tried singing to you above is kinda catchy), it was a really fun night. Because we have "connections," we even got to go down on the field and see our own Utah superstar up close and personal. They even let Ty down on the field with me and later that night, I'm pretty sure I heard a faint, "goin' away..." coming from his lips.
Thanks Dave- we had blast and we're so lucky to have a friend who can get us into cool stuff.
*****
We also made our way to the air show yesterday.
There were loads of people so we parked pretty far away on the side of the road and trekked it a few miles to the base with 4 kids in tow.
Who knew our double stroller could turn into a quadruple stroller? It probably doesn't work now but at least we were spared from whiny kids the whole way.





6 comments:
Yes I am jealous you got to see David. Fun! We saw some of the air show from our house. Paul got some pretty awesome pictures. Hopefully they will be posted soon. Who was the 4th kiddo with you?
Shannon, we were at that REAL game too, and the concert. Ryan and my kids had wrist bands to go down on the field, but my kids were weirdly too scared for some reason so we just sat in the stands. Wish we could have seen you.
I'm so jealous that you got to go to that concert-but I'm with you on the akwardness! We went to the air show too! It was pretty cool! It would have been fun to see you.
Sounds like fun! We went to the REAL game a month ago and loved it. Bridger and his friend thought it was the coolest thing ever. The air show looked great too.
Looks like number three is keeping you down:) I've always wanted to take the kids to an air show. But I never remember to look at dates until the airplanes are flying around.
Allie's jealous!
Post a Comment