Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anybody need a battery?

This afternoon, I fell asleep feeding Ty. When I woke up, the house was quiet. Scary, I know (pleas don't turn me in, I don't think I was really out for long). I went outside to find this...



A sale! Let's take a closer look at what's for sale...


a salt shaker, 4 batteries, snakes, matches, chapstick, a rubber band, a bracelet, 8 bricks, and a dirty rag. I'm giggling as I write this. Seriously, that rag is the most disgusting, dirty thing you've ever seen. And here is the sign...


When I asked Colby to tell me everything he had for sale, he skipped over the bowl of tomatoes. I said, "oh, you have tomatoes from the garden for sale. That's a great idea!" and Colby said, "no, those aren't for sale, those are for a snack for us."

When he showed me the chapstick, I found myself saying, "Colby, you can't really sell things that somebody has already used." But before I could even finish that sentence, I thought...who am I to talk? I try to sell all my used crap on KSL all the time. Who am I to judge whether someone will or won't want some used chapstick? So I told him to go for it.

In case you may be interested in any of those items, the large batteries range from $1-4, and the small triple A is $20 (I think it's vintage). The snakes and the matches go together and are $5, the bricks are $5 and the rubber band is $2. Bargains, people. Don't miss out on this!

18 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh my goodness! that made my day. soooooo dang funny and cute. I love your commentary too. LOL.

Unknown said...

How much for the two cuties sitting in the lawn chairs?

Shannon said...

They are free in fact we will waive the delivery charge if you call within the next 20 minutes. Hurry supplies are running out!

Kelly said...

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. That was too funny, and they are so cute sitting on their little chairs.

Karla said...

Following in your footsteps???? As soon as they can type, they'll be all over the ksl.com scene! Seriously, I needed a good laugh today!

Karla said...

p.s. They must have worked hard to get that stack of bricks all piled up so nicely! Hopefully you bought something to pay them off for such hard work and determination!

Katrina said...

I think that is the greatest thing ever! Can I bring over my glider rocking chair? I bet those two could sell it.

Carrie said...

My garage sale radar is a little rusty I guess. I usually have it ready Saturday morning, I guess I wasn't prepared for the midweek better make an adjustment. I will so be there next time. Who can't use a vintage battery???

Shannon said...

Karla-When I asked Colby if I could buy something, he looked at me like I was a crazy lunatic and said only other people could buy the stuff. I did call a few friends to see if they could run over to "purchase" something- it was just too dang cute.

Molly Koch said...

i think i just peed my pants. and really how long were you sleeping? that was some serious planning and effort on their part!!! lawn chairs? snacks? a sign? soo funny!

Macy said...

So funny , Shannon. You have some very creative minds at work here.

jenny said...

hilarious. those kids are funny shannon. oh, and i will take the small triple A for $20.

Shannon said...

Molly- the, "please don't turn me in..." comment was for you. Should I be expecting a call from Utah DCFS? I swear I wasn't out for long! I had the kids playing with playdough while I was feeding Ty, which usually keeps them occupied for awhile and I was kind of dosing off, here and there- aware that they were still inside playing. It wasn't until my house got completely quiet that I decided I needed to stop dosing. You can consider this a formal statement from myself for the courts.

cpace said...

What a great post. Love your blog and your cute and smart kids!

Amber said...

I am loving this! Your kids are so good to find something constructive to do while nobody was watching, especially since they had a box of matches! That really took some planning, they even brought along a snack. And the sign...I love it!

melissa said...

Wow shannon, that really made me laugh so hard! You have the funniest kids! I used to walk around selling rocks and homeade flowers (made out of toilet paper and straws)...so at least they are selling someting useful like batteries!

Kurt and Tami said...

I was wondering what all that was about when I dropped dinner off that night. I figured it was a lemonade stand. They're so cute and creative!

Hydes said...

That is so dang funny, I love how cute they are together.