Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Resolution

Happy 2010!!

This is the year...
Cameron and I will be married for 10 years!

This is the year...
My Kara started primary and actually went without hanging on my leg

This is the year...
My baby will turn one

This is the year...
My oldest will be turned over completely to the public school system. Yikes.

This is the year...
I will attempt (I'm using the word attempt just incase this one doesn't happen) to begin compiling my kid's "histories."  I didn't say the word scrapbooking since that word makes my skin crawl.

This is the year...
I'm giong to remember people's birthdays (as best I can. I know-this is a lofty one)

This is the year...
My kids will learn the meaning of service

This is the year...
I spend less time on the computer and more time with my little ones

This is the year...
We continue to budget and begin paying off the house

This is the year...
My perspective will be a little different than last year.

I have a good feeling about 2010.

Addendum:
This is the year I'm going to try really really really hard to go to bed by 11:00 and get up by 7:00. I am so hesitant to put this goal in writing since this will be, by far, the most challenging thing for myself.  Oh how I love my quiet time at night and oh how I love to stay in bed until the last possible moment. I don't like making goals that are nearly impossible, but the time has come. It must be done.  I think.  Well maybe it can wait. No. Must start waking up earlier now. It's official. Goal is on. Tonight. I know what you must be thinking. 7:00 is a cinch.  Not for me. Waking up is something I've struggled with my whole life and is no easy task. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody else have this problem and made a permanent change? I bet I'd get out of bed to the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls every morning or perhaps peach crepes. Yes. That would get me up. I once woke up at 3:30 or 4:00 am so that I could partake of the delicious breakfast buffet at my hotel in New Orleans before catching my flight home.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you still keep up your blog. It is so entertaining. Just spend less time looking at recipes and such. Is this why we were recipients of the service last week? Much appreciated!!
Love ya
Mom

Amber said...

That's a lot to happen for one year. To hear that your baby will be ONE is just crazy. Colby in school all day, whoa! Bet you can't remember my birthday this year (haha). I absolutley HATE the word 'scrapbook' and am so impressed that you will start paying off your house!!

A STAR is born said...

I'm curious to hear about your different perspective. Please tell.

Shill and Company said...

Beautifully said Shannon. Looks like 2010 will be a great one for your family!