Is it wrong to heavily bribe your three-year-old to perform in a dance recital? Well... if it's wrong, then I don't wanna be right.
Be prepared for some serious bragging on this post.
Here's to our little star who surprised us all and not only appeared on stage, but actually danced! I was completely bursting with pride. Little Kara who won't speak a word to adult neighbors she sees on a daily basis, completely ignores anyone who says hello, and hung on my leg EVERY SINGLE WEEK for over a year to go to her favorite nursery class that she talked about nonstop the very same morning.
At the dress rehearal the night before, she barely moved a muscle.
It's funny what the promise of a big huge icecream will motivate someone to do. And big icecream she got.
And I may have gotten a hold of a video of her routine the night before the recital and worked really hard on it with her the day of, but I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with it.
I really wish we were tech savvy enough to post a video, but we'll have to live with the next best thing. And I realize that posting a video can be done by a six-year-old and has nothing to do with savviness these days, but oh well. We'll just wait for Colby to teach us.
Cutest little dancer EVER!!
Our first sponge curler experience. And...I like them. You might see Kara with really tightly curled hair for the next few weeks until I get bored of that and move on to a new hobby.
Way to go Kara! We are so proud of how brave you were and we think you're the cutest little girl that ever lived.





7 comments:
so cute--I am seriously counting down the days until I can put Lily into a dance class. I'm now counting down the days until her hair is long enough to fit in some sponge curlers! I love it!
Oh I can't get over how cute your kids are, and Kara is BEAUTIFUL. Love her curls and poses. I'm so happy she was so brave and performed. There are few things so rewarding as parents. Brennan and I always both cry when we see our kids perform. It's just kind of those moments where instead of seeing all the flaws we need to help them overcome we see that they're these amazing, bright, talented little beings who have these developed personalities independent of their home and parents. Yay for bribery!
Her hair is adorable! And she is the cutest little dancer all dolled up in her costume! Way to go Kara!
So adorable. I love sponge curlers too. I think that a bribe was perfectly fitting if she did a wonderful performance. I burst with pride when I see Macy perform too.
Too cute! I think my mom had to bribe me to dance in my final performance too. What ever works.
WAY TO GO KARBEAR!!!!! Aunt Linds and Grandma and Grandpa Fozzy and Aunt Amy and Wesley are very proud of you!!! WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
Shannon, Kara is honestly one of the cutest little girls out there. What a doll! She looks so spunky too.. I love it. She needs to come hang out at our house.
Post a Comment