It's my mom's birthday today and she doesn't love birthdays but she should because most people would be shocked to find out her real age if by some off-chance she actually revealed it. Really, I only hope to look half as good at her age and be half as healthy.
Here are just a few things she does that most people wouldn't be able to keep up with while in their twenties. She works all day, 3 days a week as a dental hygentist. She keeps her home immaculately clean. She still makes blankets for her steady stream of newborn grandbabies. Man can she still cook. All I can say is spare ribs and mashed potatoes. She serves in her ward's Relief Society presidency and seems to constantly be involved in planning, making things for the sisters, going to the temple, etc. She plays the organ in the temple every Saturday. She still makes all of her cards by hand. She makes cookies with my kids almost every time she watches them. She throws an extravagent tea party for all the daughters, daughters-in-law and grandaughters complete with 3 different kinds of cute little sandwiches, chocolate dipped strawberries, at least 4 different kinds of cookies, tea, (I know I'm forgetting some food items- seriously, it takes her months to prepare all of it) and a fun craft/activity for everyone to do, every year.
She's been through a lot this week, but is extremely strong and such a good example to me.
Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you have a great day. We all love and appreciate you so much!
Such a good sport about my kid poopin' all over her. It was Ty, not Kara.
P.S. Take a quick glance at my last post if you haven't already. It was posted at 11:59 last night.
1 comments:
Shan, well done! So cute and you deserve that tribute mom. Ditto that!
Post a Comment