Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Good Riddance!



Please join me in saying goodbye FOREVER to Mr. and Mrs. Snaggletooth.
They will not be missed. They will be undergoing a lengthy and intense rehabilitation program lastting approximately 24 months (shorter if they prove to work extra hard) in order to straighten out their crooked lives. After rehabilitation, they and many of their friends, will take a nice bleaching bath after which they will be anticipatedly welcomed to their forever home as fine, upstanding individuals.


Today was a big day. 15 years coming.  And...I LOVE them! I am gitty everytime I think about the fact that the annoying pieces of very pricey metal that are tearing up my cheeck are actually braces. Braces!! Hooray for the next 2 years! Hooray for constant brushing and flossing. Hooray for closed mouth smiles. Hooray for mouth sores. Hooray for slow and painful chewing, therefore doubling (maybe tripling) my meal times. Hooray for trying to do speeh therapy with a lisp of my own.

Bring it on baby.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay! That's great that you will finally have the teeth you've always dreamed of. And you got your hair cut too. Way cute! It's been awhile since we've visited. When it warms up we should have lunch in the park so the kids can play.

Emily said...

goodbye snaggletooth, its been nice knowing you.
i'm so happy for you!

cpace said...

Good luck with the speech therapy with a lisp. I once got a cavity filled during my lunch break and came back to work still numb. I still remember this girl working on her /r/'s said. Ms. Wichawds you need speech thewapy today!

melissa said...

I'm so happy for you! Man, that snaggletooth has been driving me crazy ever since I have known you. JK, you know I have always thought you had great teeth! But I so happy that you love your braces--you look cute in them!

Amber said...

Yay! It takes an adult to understand and appreciate the fact that the name 'braceface' is actually a compliment in disguise! So you went with the clear ones? They look great. I always thought it was a little ironic in clinic doing therapy when I would occasionally spit while I was talking to my clients. But it's all worth it in the end my friend!

Shill and Company said...

Your postings always make me laugh. You have such a clever way of expressing yourself. You look adorable with your braces little lady!