Sunday, August 26, 2007

7 Years of Marital Bliss

Last Thursday, August 23, marked my and Cameron's 7th wedding anniversary. 7 years where Cameron has been a source of constant joy. CONSTANT JOY. Okay, have you ever heard that commercial (either on television or the radio, I can't remember which) for a jeweler who uses that line in trying to sell you jewelry for your sweetheart? The target audience must be for people dating or else the person who came up with that slogan has obviously never been married. Anyways I know I'm light-years away from being a constant joy to Cameron, but we have had a lot of good times. Among a few other things, Cameron got me a framed picture of us during Trek in 2005. It is one of the neatest gifts he has given me because Trek is probably the time in our marriage where we became the closest. Here are a few other good times we've had in the last 7 +years.

*Sledding down Old Main in Logan on Cameron's mattress
*Getting slurpies at 7-11 at 2:00am
*Doing a Tequila dance in some random hotel in Cancun
*Clocking some poor unsuspecting spectator in the face during a gripping tennis match
*Spraying our 3 foot underground bee's nest at our dumpy apartment in Logan
*Doing roller coaster maneuvers (I don't know the technical term obviously) in Cameron's little cessna airplane
*Scoring some uncharacteristic runs for our Vandelay Industries softball team
*Paddling our brains out to hit the perfect rapid on the Snake River
*Daring our Trek family kids to eat a whole jar of peanut butter and dirt with no water
*Refinishing our first home
*The birth of our 2 children
*Waking up at 5:30 am to hit the glassy water in Lake Powell
*Blondies Pizza on Powell Street in San Francisco
*SciTech library "studying"
*Walkie Talkies at Home Depot
*Watching the Street Dancers at Times Square
*Rollerblading in the streets of St. Lucia and being hissed at
*Tubing at 5 mph behind a Barbados local's boat in the Atlantic Ocean
*Taking turns rope swinging into a Kauai pool and holding Colby on the waterfall cliff
*Watching the sun rise on the Haleakala Crater
*Sleepless nights spent in an airport because we didn't get on a flight
*Sunday walks with the kids

Well, I guess I could go on and on if I sit here long enough. Here's to many more good times to come!...

1 comments:

A STAR is born said...

I like this post a lot.
I'm sort of jealous that you and Cam fell in love at Utah State--that would be fun to pretend study at the Sci-Tech together! And I know you're a constant joy...give yourself more credit. Cam finds nothing but joy with you. Nothing.