Monday, August 06, 2007

The Wait is Over


Those of you that know me well know that what you're about to read is a BIG deal.


Last Saturday I was stung by a wasp. This was an incredibly defining moment in my life. It was a clear, hot day. I was pulling weeds at a service project during our ward's youth conference. As I pulled my first weed, I felt a prick on my hand. I wondered what such plant would prick me so. I investigated the situation and spotted a wasp lurking in the very spot I had just lingered.


Shortly after, my hand began to burn. I had been stung by a wasp! I had dreamed (literally) about this moment for a long, long time. As I felt the pain, I was ecstatic. I just survived the very thing I feared most. Those around me thought me loony as I expressed my relief of getting stung. I made a phone call a few minutes later to tell Cameron my news. He shared my excitement.


Thank you Mr. Dirty Wasp for now I can live my summer life in peace. I still think you are very very very evil, but you will no longer keep me from doing the things I love.

2 comments:

A STAR is born said...

I'm so proud. Not sure you had anything to do with it (as if you chose to be stung) but I'm still proud.
By the way, I laugh every time I read those quotes by Colby. "Candy, I've been missin you." What the crap?! Do you deny him candy that much? He's so funny and I bet that's not even the half of it. Sigh.

Shannon said...

Stef, do you know my husband? As if Colby is deprived of sweets. Cameron must have coached him on that little comment since he thinks I'm the treat nazi.