Monday, August 13, 2007

Emotional Exhaustion

Yesterday was one of the most emotionally draining days I've had in a long time. I was released as the Young Women's first counselor and had no idea how hard I would take it. I literally cried until there were no tears left. Still today I feel empty and on the verge of more tears. We have such amazing girls and I looked forward to spending time with them every single week. They too were sad about the change though not nearly as much as us leaders, I'm sure. The most touching part was when the bishop began to announce the releases and had a hard time getting out the names when he became all choked up. He has 2 girls in the young womens and knew they would
be caught off guard. I have never been so sad to see a calling end. I LOVE working with the youth and if I had it my way, I wouldn't do anything else. I suppose I need experience in something else now... Here is a picture of some of my sweet girls.

0 comments: