Friday, October 05, 2007

Congratulations Captain Richins!!

First off: Cameron, when you read this, I'm sorry if this embarrasses you a little, but I think this event is important to journal! I'll make it short and sweet.

Cameron is officially a captain of the Canadair Regional Jet (better known as the RJ) at SkyWest Airlines. After 6 weeks of 6-8 hours a day of class and/or simulator training, along with hours and hours of daily study and extensive exams, all of his work paid off. He passed his final test yesterday and is officially captain. I'm not sure if many people know what goes into pilot training but believe me- if you are ever fortunate to fly with Cameron as your pilot, you are in good hands. He worked his behind off and he won't let you down. There's definitely been a lot of talk about RJs around our house evidenced by Colby pretending to fly objects around and claiming that they are "RJs".

Congrats babe- you worked hard and Kara, Colby and I are proud of you!

I wanted to get a picture of Cameron in his uniform, but I'm afraid he'd leave me if I were to share that with anyone else. He won't even walk from the airport to his car with his badges on! Something about not liking the attention...

P.S. I haven't neglected my blog as much as it appears. I actually attempted to share a lengthy post involving several pictures and such a few days ago, but it would not publish. I'm still working on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool! I remember my dad studying for all those exams, and they take a lot of effort. Congrats, Cam!

Hydes said...

Congrats!! That is so great and I bet you guys want to go and celebrate. So let us watch you kids when Cameron has a night off and you guys could go and do something fun to celebrate this amazing and exciting accomplishment. Please call me and let me know what night works for you!!!!
Melissa Hyde

Shannon said...

Melissa, thanks for the offer. We really may take you up on it. Also, if you could do me a favor and start calling Cameron Captain Richins, I think he'd really appreciate it. Also, when are you going to join the ever-so-popular blogoworld? Or have you and you just haven't told me...

A STAR is born said...

Look. Comments!
I'm proud of that crazy husband of yours. And I really want to hear his corny pilot jokes sometime--Score me some buddy passes, yo!