Oh how I wish I had my child's perspective. How is it that Colby is able to see what's important, better than I can? I thought we were supposed to get better at this as we age, not worse, right?
Cameron called me today stuck at the Salt Lake airport waiting for a plane that was nowhere near. This plane he is supposed to fly to San Francisco was already an hour delayed which meant that he'd miss our Thanksgiving dinner. He was scheduled to fly back to Salt Lake around 3:30 so we planned our dinner a little later than usual. Upon learning he'd miss it anyway, I was ticked. I tried not to get mad at Cameron since he obviously has no control over delayed flights but failed miserably as I voiced my complaint. I hung up the phone and started muttering under my breath as I rolled out pie crust dough. Colby, who was helping me with the dough said, "Mom, why are you mad?" I replied, "Because dad is going to be late and miss our Thanksgiving dinner." "Oh. I'm not mad because I'm going to be happy!" he exclaimed, putting me in my place in a matter of seconds.
This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for kids. For their resilience, their carefree spirits and their perspective.






1 comments:
That is so sweet. They are so ahead of us in so many respects. How cute.
Post a Comment