Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Windy City

It's taken me a while to get my act together to report on our trip to Chicago. It's been nearly 2 weeks since we went. Unfortunately we didn't take many pictures, but here goes.


Here are a few highlights from our trip-

*4 whole days without the kids!

*Seeing Wicked. Yes, it was wicked awesome. I'd see it again tomorrow.

*Chicago stuffed pizza. Oh, my, gosh. Someone needs to open a franchise here called Giordano's- thanks Megan, I am still thinking about that heavenly sausage and cheese inside a warm, soft crust!

*Hanging out with my old college roommate (am I allowed to say "old college roommate" since it's been almost 8 years since I went to Utah State, even though it feels like last week?) Megan, her husband Wes and her 2 adorable kids Courtney and Matthew. Sorry I don't have pictures of Megan's cute family- we kept forgetting to take pictures with them.

*Reading an entire 600 page book without interruptions.

Since we were in Chicago partly to check out the city and see if it's at all a possibility for relocation, we kept our eyes and ears out for reasons to, or not to, move there. I was only turned off by 2 things. The cold and the traffic. Walking around the city in the middle of the day required hats, scarves and mittens and we were still freezing. And it was only November! Also, we were stuck in crappy traffic at 9:30 at night on a Saturday. Other than those 2 things, we loved the city. The architecture is amazing. The city is humongous and there is so much to do. We loved the little town where Meg and Wes live. We'd definitely try to move to that area if we ever decided to move. The people were really nice and the food is awesome! All in all, I was impressed.

Our trip didn't have the best start since 5 minutes before we were supposed to leave we woke Colby up only to find him with a crusted- over eye and him complaining that it hurt. We weren't sure what to do, but thank goodness we have an awesome friend who said she'd take him anyway. Tons of thanks to Rachel for being such a good sport about watching my sick kids, to Katrina and my mom for arranging and carrying out a trip to the doctor's office, to my dad for missing the nutcracker to hang with the kids all night and all morning and to Cameron's mom, dad and sisters for watching the kids for 3 whole days. Dang we have great friends and family!


Right after seeing Wicked

This is inside the Oriental Theatre. The ornate finishes were incredible.



1 comments:

Jen said...

Are you really thinking of moving to Chicago? Away from Zion?? I didn't know. I would be a little glad to have some one else live a little further away than just us. Then I won't feel so bad. See you soon!! :) Jen