Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Phase

Monday we started what I've called the "Richins Spring Cleaning" week which consists of deep cleaning our entire house and going through a major de-junk. I'm baffled at the amount of crap we've accumulated in the short 2 1/2 years we've lived in this house. Part of the week included moving Kara into Colby's room (since she sleeps on his floor every night anyway) moving the office into her room and making the office a play room. But, I'm having a really hard time taking this step. Yes, I'm sad that Kara is old enough to move out of her crib, but mostly it's because I think her room is cute and I don't want to turn it into an office. So, to make myself feel better, I'm posting pictures of her room so that I can show off my favorite room in the house. What am I doing? I'm having second thoughts about our plan as I'm typing this.

9 comments:

Shauna said...

Cute room.

Andrea W. said...

Oh that is sad, that room is darling! I'm glad you took a picture so that someday you can show Kara how cute her room was!

Karla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karla said...

Good job on tackling a week-long deep clean! Wow! Hmmm....I could use some mentoring! :-)

Eliza said...

oh my gosh that is gorgeous! wow, I had no idea you were such a talented decorator. I love the paint and the colors, seriously can I move in? ; )

Amber said...

A Richins de-junk, does this mean you're ripping your kids' toys out of their hands and giving them away again (ha ha!). I LOVE Kara's room, I would have a hard time parting with that one, too. But I'll bet she looks pretty darn cute in the new Colby/Kara room!

Shannon said...

Amber, I tried to be a little more discreet this time by de-junking while he was asleep. Of course I wasn't done when he woke up and when he asked why there were several boxes full of his toys, I told him we were giving them to poor kids who don't have any toys (I chose not to tell him that I was really selling them for my own profit and good). He took it surprisingly well especially when I showed him all the toys we were keeping. I ended up getting rid of at least half of his toys!!

Emily said...

What? Please tell me the stripes are staying!!! I need to come and see your house, that room is too cute!

Barnes said...

So how do you dejunk with kids around? Let me know your secret. I too am trying to work hard on getting to that point but still have yet to succeed.
We need to talk over the fence again--I never see you.