What kinds of things and how many, could you label, "to die for?" Because I'm a little over-dramatic sometimes, maybe I use this label too loosely, but I thought I'd share a dish that absolutely deserves it. It's my grandmother's potatoes and peas. Every year, I plant half my garden in peas and anxiously await their harvest, solely for the purpose of making this dish. This year I planted in February and barely got peas last week! There were times I wondered if this spring would be potatoes and peas-less. What a sad spring that would be. Anyway, it can only be made with fresh peas (alright, I suppose you could put frozen in, therefore completely stripping it of any appeal) and really, it is something else. Pair it with some grilled salmon and oh, man, there are no words to describe. I do wonder, however, does it really taste that delicious or have I been conditioned to feel the nostalgia and comfort I felt when at my grandmas and eating just one of her many country, made-from-scratch dishes? I don't really care, all I know is, it's to die for.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Looks so yum. I am a fan of any post about food.
so what's the recipe for this delight?
yummy...anything with gravy!!!
That looks and sounds delicious! I love fresh peas!!! One of my favorite memories growing up is of spending time in my grandparents garden. I would sit in the yard for hours eating their peas, raspberries, and cherries. Oh, I miss those days!
So is this a family secret recipe? I think you must post it! Oh, and do you exercise all day everyday? How are you so skinny when you love food this much?
That looks so yummy. I want the recipe. I did not water my peas enough so it looks like frozen for me.
Post a Comment