Saturday, November 29, 2008

The feast and Christmas lights

The transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas is so quick, don't you think? One day I'm enjoying some fabulous turkey, the next, I'm gazing at Christmas lights and singing, "I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause." Just seems so unsmooth. But no more complaints here. I love the holidays.


Colby insisted eating a huge turkey leg and loved it






And because Kara has to do everything her big brother does, she refused to eat the turkey I gave her and had to have her own leg.

The whole crew. Our dinner was lovely, just as it always is. Have I mentioned I love Thanksgiving? Thanks grandma and grandpa for a perfect Thanksgiving feast and good company!

After our feast and dessert of pies a plenty, we headed to Cameron's dad's house where we played games and the kids spent the night. Despite the fact that Cameron had to be at the airport early, I still got to sleep in and go shopping. Hooray for grandma and grandpa!

Last night we met my sister in Salt Lake to see the lights. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it more than I thought. Thanks to a cute little granny who befriended Colby on the frontrunner going home, our trip was pretty decent, even though halfway through I had started to regret taking the kids by myself on such an outing. Thanks random granny!

4 comments:

Debbi said...

Shannon, I love your writing style. What a great way to start a post. Good for you for braving the lights by yourself. I am glad that you had a good time.

Kurt and Tami said...

Don't you love random grannies who help you out in a pinch when you're out with your kids by yourself? Like those who let you go ahead of them in line or the one who gives your kids a candy to calm them down right before a meltdown starts, and the ones who remind you not to wish this time away because it goes by too fast. Here's to all the random grannies out there who show us that compassion and politeness still exist! I'm glad you all had a good Thanksgiving.

Rachel M said...

It cracks me up that with as much as I talk to you, I learn more about you every time I read a post! Do you feel exposed? And I love that you have a pic of my favorite little eater with a big ol' turkey leg. Have I mentioned how much I love that gir?:)

jenny said...

you're amazing for taking your kids down to the lights by yourself! i think you win for mom of the year. it gives me anxiety to go to the grocery store with just one kid in tow.
glad you had a nice thanksgiving. i love that your kids rocked the turkey legs.