Saturday, January 24, 2009

stinky shopping

I'm pretty sure my hell would involve grocery shopping. And if I'm in the worst part of hell, it would definitely include clipping cereal coupons, bringing in store ads, choosing the correct box of cereal for the correct ad and manufacturer coupon, then finding out at home that you still ended up with a bunch of cereal that wasn't on sale in the first place and then you go back to the store and 3 different people help you sort out the stupid mistake and you exchange a bunch of boxes and then go home to find that you still paid around $1.70 per box which is only 30 cents less than what you normally pay for cereal without all the hassle. Oh, and the floors would be sticky.

8 comments:

Amber said...

It didn't go so well I take it. Sorry!

Shauna said...

I am with you on that! I just went Grocery shopping today and I loathe it.

Hydes said...

okay that is so funny because i just did the exact same thing today with the cereal sale. next time we should go together and see if you can help each other out.

Eliza said...

you kill me. really, you can make me laugh so hard. Anyway, I actually kind of like the shopping, its the whole having to be a responsible parent and bring your child with you thing that I don't love. Coupons are such a hassle, there have been so many times where I carefully planned out my lists, found and cut the coupons, and then forgot to give them to the cashier. yeah, not awesome.

jenny said...

yes, grocery shopping is hell. it became hell for me the second desmond decided he would no longer sit in the cart but run around and try to get everything off the shelves. i have left many a half-filled shopping cart in the store because i couldn't take it anymore. you're a champ for even trying the coupon thing, i always think i should and then i never do.

Kurt and Tami said...

I did the same thing this week. It took me over an hour to get cereal (between 2 different stores) because I had to keep track of how many were on sale with one coupon and so on with the others, although I didn't have to take any back. Saving money takes time and that's where we get sucked into "one-stop" shopping. Some days I'm up to the challenge and some days I'm not.

Barnes said...

I hate coupons sometimes. We had the same problem except I didn't take it back and return I was just sick and tired of it...I feel your pain!!

melissa said...

I am totally with you! I always feel so guilty and kind of mad at the people that are able to spend 1 dollar for the box of cereal that I am spending 4 dollars for, but I just cant seem to get myself to do all of the work before going to the store to figure out how to do it!