Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the air...I think




Happy Valentines Day!


I can't say I've been a huge fan of Valentines day in the past. I'm really rather indifferent to it. I don't love it, but I don't sit around and feel sorry for myself either. I decided to change my attitude this year and try to have a little more fun with it.


We had a rough start since I came down to the kitchen to find an entire pitcher full of Mt. Dew spilled onto the kitchen floor, bar stools and counter. Remember how much I HATE sticky floors? I was less than thrilled, to say it delicately, on this so delicate of days. I was so excited to make the kids red heart-shaped pancakes but my Valentine spirit was dampened and stirring up batter while my feet were stuck to the floor was the last thing I wanted to do. After giving the kids a bath to wash off their sticky bodies (since they tried so hard to clean it up before I saw it), and getting on my hands and knees 3 different times (with a big 'ol belly in the way, I might add), I calmed myself down and made us some pancakes with nothing but a cheerful smile on my face. Alright, that was an exaggeration. But it was worth it because the kids loved them.


The day will only get better since Kara and I are off to my mom's for our annual Tea-Party which we've been looking forward to for weeks! And then home to prepare for a husband who will actually be home for Valentines day (at least the last bit of it). Have a good day!

1 comments:

Shauna said...

Sticky floors are the worst! Sounds like your pancakes were cute.