Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where shall I give birth???

I am soliciting advice from anyone who's had a baby at McKay-Dee Hospital or Ogden Regional. It's pretty simple. Which hospital should I have this baby at? As I've mentioned before, I'm a tad indecisive and rely heavily on other people's opinions. If you have any info or personal experience- good, bad, scary, etc., I would love to hear it.

And while I'm at it. I CANNOT decide whether I'm putting the 2 older kiddos together in a room or completely revamping the house so that all 3 kids have their own rooms upstairs. I secretly know that they should probably have their own rooms, but I am even more secretly lazy and don't want to move the office to the living room, the living room to the family room and then the family room to the basement (which means we should probably finish the bathroom in the basement, etc, etc, etc). It kinda makes me want to vomit and I'm starting to sweat as I think about it. Any success stories about 2 kiddos who already won't go to bed miraculously going to bed when sharing a room? I was planning on having this all worked out a few months before the baby came. Oops.

12 comments:

laura s. said...

I've got all of the 3 older kids in one room in a twin over full bunkbed. It seems to be working out okay temporarily. Granted, they've been like that for over a year now. The girls even share the bottom bunk and do okay. Sure there are nights when they have a hard time settling down, but we've tried to make it really clear from the start what the rules are.

If I was you, I'd give it a go with both kids in one room. If it doesn't work you can always change it later. Oh yeah, we also have a fan in the kids room that we use for white noise so they're not as able to disrupt eachother.

Goodluck!

Eliza said...

I had Abe at Mckay dee and really liked it (the hospital, not necessarily the whole human being coming out of me thing); ) Anyway, the nurses were great and the rooms were nice, what more could you ask for? I don't know much about ogden regional. good luck! so excited for you.

Kurt and Tami said...

I had Lexi at McKay Dee and was really pleased with it. The rooms were nice and seemed bigger. As far as sharing a room, at times my boys stay up a little longer because they chat at bedtime but I think of it as "bonding." We usually don't have a hard time getting them to go to bed either because they have someone in their room with them. I also think it's good to make them share until they ask so that when they're older and get their own room, it seems like more of a privilege rather than an expectation. Let me know if you need help moving things around and getting ready for the baby or need a place for Colby and Kara to come and play while you make the changes.

A STAR is born said...

The should definitely share because Colby can comfort Kara when the witches try to shoot her. Then they can both do their late-night weirdo routine together, instead of coming to your room. Besides, where would you be today if you hadn't shared a room with me? Better rested? No, you'd be lonely and sad and underdeveloped.

PS The word Ogden scares me. Sorry, Ogdenites. I had a bad experience.

Andrea W. said...

I had Ben at McKay Dee and had a great experience. My cousin just delivered at Ogden Regional and didn't have good things to say.

My kids have all shared rooms at some point when they're older and I've loved it. They do sometimes get each other wound up, but I just threaten to shut their door and that usually does the trick. I think it's great for them especially for my scaredy-pants kids.

Kelly said...

I had Cooper at Ogden Regional and loved it. They have pretty big private rooms. The nurses were really nice and friendly. I know a few other people that have had their kids at Ogden and loved it as well. Ogden Regional is a few blocks from my house so it gets my vote. Good luck with your decision.

Anonymous said...

This is your Mom speaking: Definitely Colby and Kara together with the threat that one of them will have to go to the basement. Works for me!
Didn't you have Kara ar McKay D? and was it an OK experience?
Wise Mom

Shauna said...

I have heard good things about McKay Dee. I think the nurses are the deciding factor, good nurses make all the difference. I think it's good for kids to share bedrooms. Mine have and it is a good thing.

Molly Koch said...

i had my kids at kaiser and tripler. so both of your options sound just fine to me- ha ha! :) sorry i am of no use to you. but my kiddos do share one tiny little room, in my tiny little house. lots of white noise and i put camiron down first and braden down after. they are great at going to bed if it is separate, not so much together. and if camiron wakes up in the night braden will get up sometimes give her her sippy cup and then tell her to go back to sleep. too funny.

Alesa Larsen said...

Hey I am Ogden Reg right now. I am loving it. The nurses have all been great. I am especially enjoying the food. You get to order what you want, like room service. They are super busy though, but I have really enjoyed my stay here.

Amber said...

I have never delivered at either of those hospitals so can't help you there. But as far as the kids sharing the room, I say put them together. Sounds like they'll just end up in each other's rooms anyway. And truly, what kid hasn't had the great experience of sharing a room with a sibling? It gives you so much to talk about later in life and teaches you some valuable life lessons along the way.

Jonny and jess said...

If you can avoid ogden regional I would!!!