Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ontario '09

Our little trip was a success and we all had a fabulous time. It rained nearly the entire time we were there- just like last year. Word is, it NEVER rains there but I think the locals are lying. I wasn't the funnest shopping companion ever since walking more than 2 minutes gives me constant contractions, but thanks to Melissa insisting on pushing me around a wheelchair, my shopping longevity was spared.


Here are my favorite purchases



I have worn those pants literally almost everyday since I got them. They are a pregnant woman's dream and I can't take them off long enough to take a picture of them. So Colby snapped a shot- not bad for a 4-year-old, eh?
***
Bad News. I took a risk and bought some athletic shoes, in which I am in desperate need of, at a store that does not exist in Utah. Wore them for an hour to find that they hurt like heck.
***
Good News! Cameron got an Ontario trip put on his schedule this weekend and I'm going to try to go with him so I can take the shoes back. What are the chances? And heck, maybe I'll pick myself up another pair of those pants- they were only $7...
***
Obviously there were tons of laughs and good times. Here are a few highlights-
***
*Walking around Victoria Gardens in a wheelchair and a gigantic umbrella that still didn't cover 2 girls and a wheelchair and then violently being pushed into some prickly bushes.
*A bread bowl with baked potato soup at Corner Bakery Cafe.
*2 hour conversation with a random lady on the couch in the mall who woke me up to ask me how pregnant I was. About 2 seconds later, we were talking about her and her husband that is cheating on her.
*The Lovely Ayres Inn and Suites employees. Seriously, this hotel is amazing. They got us breakfast after it had completely been put away. Hot cookies in the lobby after a long day of shopping. They shuttled us all around creation, gave us 7 pillows and let us check out hours early and late. And all for a great SkyWest discount!
*10:00 pm (11:00pm Utah time) dinner at Cheesecake Factory
*Coming in under budget. That's right. I did it. Alright, it's not much to brag about since being really pregnant puts a bit of a damper on your shopping spirits. I'm afraid the damage would have been much worse if I had not been great with child. ...You know I couldn't let this post go without some reference to the budget. C'mon- it rules my life!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where were my warm cookies, and baked potato soup in a bread bowl?? And, I came in way OVER budget! But still, I'm looking forward to next year...that is, if I can invite myself again.

Barnes said...

Looks like you had a blast!! Maybe I should send some money with you and you could get me a pair of those cute pants--pregnant pal!! HOpe you get to go again!! So FuN!

Amber said...

I love the bag and those cute little red shoes! And who can beat a perfect pair of pregnancy pants for $7? I love that your trip highlights always include food, I'm the same way. I'm proud of you for staying under budget and am curious as to what advice you gave the lady with the cheating husband...

melissa said...

I loved the post. That was such a fun time! I can't wait for next year-and you were a great shopping partner!

Shauna said...

Those shoes are darling! I am always so jealous of your little get aways. Fun.

Hydes said...

Looks like so much fun. I love your purse!!!

Debbi said...

That looks like a great getaway. I can not believe you got those pants for $7. What a bargain. Cute shoes too.

JaNae said...

It really was a great time! Thanks Shan! And I must say that you were quite the trooper. If I had been pregnant I think I would've been asleep in bed about 5 hours before we really were. Seriously, I think we took shopping to the next level. And ummm...soup and bread bowl? Hot cookies? How did I miss out on that?