Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Colby's First Day of School


Yesterday was Colby's first day at the Little Brick Preschool. He was so excited to go, especially because his cousins Mia and Katie are in his class. His preschool is in the basement of Miss Heather's house which is darling. She too, is darling with the kids. I couldn't help but stay a little while and try to observe, incognito, just to see how Colby did. I wondered if he'd be shy or if he'd feel comfortable right way. I wasn't very good at staying invisible evidenced by Colby's cousin yelling during circle time, "Hey, look! That's Kara!" But from what I saw and heard, Colby seemed confident and excited to participate.
Sending my first to preshool definitely made me feel a little older, especially when I was signing up to do classroom parties. I can't believe I'm going to start making treats for my little boy to share with his classmates on his birthday! I guess that means he really is growing up and now he's going to start learning from people other than me.
I know sending kids to school for the first time is often hard for parents. I hope I'm not a heartless mom because I didn't feel sad- I just felt excited for Colby and excited to get to spend a little more one-on-one time with Kara. Maybe the tears will come when I send him to Kindergarten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, he is growing up fast! Is that him delivering a pizza? Ahh, the days of being the pizza dude to get through college...

Shannon said...

That does kinda look like a pizza case- but no, it's actually his school bag that was given to him by his school teacher. But, if he is smart, he'll follow in the footsteps of his mother.... and uncle.... and other uncle by participating in the glamorous employment of pizza delivery during his college days.