Monday, September 10, 2007

My Summer Fling

I have had a lot of fun this summer planting and harvesting a vegetable garden. Thanks to my dad, the gardening expert, I actually grew some things I was able to eat. This is surprising since I can't keep a flower alive in my yard for more than 2 days.


I love variety so I planted a ton of things... peas, corn, green beans, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, beets, carrots, cantaloupe, onions, pumpkin, squash, spinach and basil. Anyone who has seen my garden knows that it is nowhere big enough for everything I just listed which is why a good share of it didn't make it, but lucky for me, a lot pulled through. Here are a couple of pics to prove I can keep something alive.

Here are the two halves of the garden before anything was harvested


And here's a little bit of the produce we get to enjoy
If you look closely at the photo above, you'll see some dead corn in the back. Unfortunately I let my entire corn crop (the whole 2 dozen ears) grow too long until it was inedible. I was so sad but I guess that's what gardening is all about. Trial and error. It'll make for some cool Halloween decorations, right?


1 comments:

The Nance Family said...

I did see this garden in person in July, so I know it was there. You are definitely more ambitious then I will probably ever be. But that is exciting.