Is that post title dramatic enough? I hope so cause this is some big time drama...
I am proud to say that I have survived (assuming I will only become less symptomatic as time goes on) the worst stomach flu in all my 29 years. I presented with flu symptoms Thursday which increased so severely by Saturday night that I felt they warranted a visit to the ER. No joking. There were times as I was trying to fall asleep, which was nearly impossible because of plaguing aches, fever chills and non-stop trips to the bathroom (sorry for that one), that I honestly wondered if I would wake up. I did make a trip to the ER where I was given the best IV liquids my body has ever received. I don't know how much that little trip will cost us, but it was worth every penny. And yes, it was just the stomach flu (of course there's that little tiny part of you that hopes it's something more severe so that you don't seem like such a baby).
I'm not yet recovered and probably have a few days to go but last night's misery makes tonight's symptoms feel like Disneyland.
Heaven help you if you get this bug.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Night of the Living Dead
Posted by Shannon at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment