Sunday, September 23, 2007

Canning Frenzy

ATTENTION: This is a disclaimer. You may find what you are about to read, incredibly boring. You may wish to read the title and happily skip this post. I treat this blog mostly as a journal, so anything I want to take note of, I post. And because something may be of particular importance to me, there's a good chance it isn't to you. If you do wish to read on, please do so at your own discretion. Also, consider this a warning for all posts to follow.


We are fortunate to live next door to Miss C. and Mr. J. who are canning machines. They can everything from pears to plum sauce. I have been jealous of their canning collection and therefore begged them for some tips. Not only did I get tips, but I got personal assistance! Because of their inspiration, I began my career of canning. Okay, maybe it won't be a career or even repeated at all. It all depends on how longs it lasts, how good it tastes and if I have the same motivation next year. I guess having no job for the first time in 10 or so years has led me to participate in more domestic activities. I'm even considering doing Cameron's laundry on a regular basis. Whoa....one thing at a time now.


So I thought I'd post pictures of my first canning accomplishments. (I did can some peaches a few years ago, but ruined them all by storing them in a room that got too warm. This kept me from ever wanting to try it again, or so I thought). I (or I should say "we" - thanks C and J!) did peaches, pears and salsa.


Peaches and Pears. I haven't tried them yet, but they look tasty.

Salsa time...

This picture is not staged at all. I was having a grand time pouring in the corn.



Mmmmm. Doesn't it look pretty?



The finished product.

1 comments:

The Nance Family said...

Your salsa looks great! I would like to try some. Do you Fed-Ex?