I've heard from many people that age 3 is harder than age 2 despite the term "the terrible two's." Well, I hated it when people told me that because Colby was very very tough for me at age 2. I often thought I wouldn't survive age 3 if it was indeed harder. At first, this theory wasn't holding true, thank goodness, as Colby appeared to be better behaved after turning 3. Now that 3 is almost over, I've determined that age 3 was just about as tough as age 2, but for different reasons. At age 2, Colby went through-we'll call them "naughty" phases, for long periods of time. At age 3, the phases seemed shorter, but were more frequent and packed a bigger punch.
So here is where I get to the point. For all of you who told me 3 is harder than 2, you are implying that age 4 is easier than both. So about when does the transformation take place? Does it happen on the eve of the fourth birthday? Or maybe the actual day of? Or perhaps the day after when he's actually had a little practice at being 4. I am highly anticipating this since Colby's fourth birthday is about 6 weeks away. I can tell you this transformation definitely doesn't take place 6 weeks before. I swear he has saved up all the times he wasn't naughty before and is giving us the smack-down in a big way right now. Maybe he's just preparing me for this wonderful transition so that I'll really appreciate the well- behaved age 4 that I am so much expecting. Ya, that must be it.
Despite the fact that my patience has been tried more than I ever could have imagined, Colby is still a very sweet boy and continues to melt my heart on a regular basis. My favorite thing he does is when he gives me a hug and tells me, "Mom, you're my best."
Friday, March 07, 2008
Ah, numero quatro
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Yea! You are back. I was really starting to get worried that your creepy neighbors had kidnapped you or something. By the way, how does their backyard look? HeHeHe. Has Lake Cook appeared this year?
So, I don't spy on my next door neighbors as much as I use to so I can't tell you if Lake Cook has made an appearance. But lake Richins sure has and has doubled in size. We're thinking of putting some jet skis on it this spring.
I can't believe he's going to be four!! It seems like he was just born. And I judge every milestone that Ryan has by Colby, so PLEASE tell me the second Colby makes the naughty-to-nice transition! Gosh, we miss you guys! It's been forever since we've seen you...
I'm one of those who LOVES 2 and thinks 3 is harder, but I've also come to think that I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! I'm sure Colby will be a perfect little 4 year old!
Did Colby seriously say that thing to the right? About mom and dad giving him nofing? That's so freaking funny. He might be the freaking funniest ever.
So you're trying to tell me I have another year of this? Great! I have heard 4 is easier but no idea as to when you could expect the transition. After being a mom for a few years now, I do believe in overnight transitions, at least with speech, motor skills and those types of milestones--I've seen it happen. So who knows, you might get lucky!
I've gone through the 2's and 3's with 2 boys now and I think 4 is a little easier. Although there are hard things about each age. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Remind you to tell you about the heart thing. Good luck!
I remember calling it the ferocious fours. I wish you better luck. Keep us posted, no pun intended.
Post a Comment