Sunday, I turned 30. And it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I expected. If I really think about it, I could get kinda sad and depressed But when I think about being 30 and if I'm where I want to be, I can sincerely answer yes. I know I whine and complain about things A LOT, but when it really comes down to it- there's nothing else I'd want to be doing, or any other age I'd like to be. So that's that. And if anyone is wondering, the saying on the sign is from a movie-one of my very favorites. I'll be impressed if you can name it. If you can, than you're invited over to my house for an 80's party. (Katrina is in charge of my publicity- she also provided my signage after having my babies). Thanks Trina!
I'd have to say, Cameron is pretty smooth. He managed to pull one over me and plan a surprise party at our house on Saturday night. It was a combination of Cameron's smoothness and my denseness that pulled it off. I was truly surprised and we all had a good time. I didn't take many pictures, but here is one of us eating Cameron's famous sweet pork. Mmmm. it was good.
And this a picture of the roses Cameron gave me. The red ones symbolize my years before I met Cameron, the white ones are the years married to Cameron and the pink ones are the years with the kids. I thought it was pretty sweet.
Here are a few gifts I received:
Gorgeous earrings from Cameron- They are so pretty, I love them!
And my mom gave me this and I love it! I'm not sure how I ever lived without one- I highly recommend it.
Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes and for a great 30th- I truly had a wonderful birthday. Thanks especially to Cameron for putting in all the effort for me having a day I'll never forget.





6 comments:
Shannon, welcome to the thirties! "13 Going on 30" is one of my favorites too. Jennifer Garner is so cute in it. Happy Birthday!
I'm so glad you had a great birthday--we were bummed to not be able to celebrate with you. I love that saying from "13 Going on 30"--may I steel it when I turn 30? I'm glad to hear you LOVE that movie too...it's one of my Favorites as well--let's party.
I'm such a terrible sister-in-law! I didn't even call you on your birthday. I need to get a big birthday calendar and hang it up in my house so I actually know when everyone's birthdays are. I'm so glad that Cameron made it so special for you. What a great guy. Anyway, I'm so sorry for not wishing you a happy birthday sooner. I love you!
Happy 30th Shannon! Sounds like you had a great time, and Cameron did great!
Shannon, Sounds like a great 30th birthday. I couldn't agree more with your sentiments...what better place could we be in. BTW, we need to finish our phone conversation. It has been way too long. Nice job Cameron on all the gifts...those earrings are gorgeous....and I also have been wanting that toothbrush. Wish I would have thought of that for my birthday gift too. Hope you had a great day!
Love, Macy
Hi Shannon,
I'm very impressed with Cameron's gifts lately. I even pulled this up to show Dan what you got for your birthday (not that it will do any good) so nice job, Cameron! I'm glad you had a great day. Thirty isn't so bad!
Post a Comment