Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter

Easter morning, admiring their Easter baskets
Friday night, Grandpa Richins picked Colby up and took him to his house for a sleep-over with Wesley and Connor (Colby's cousins). On top of taking care of 3 boys under the age of 5 for a day and night, Grandpa dyed dozens and dozens of eggs with them. Crazy Grandpa Richins.

Easter Egg Hunt at Grandpa Richins'

Kara was very possessive of her Easter basket. If anyone got near it, she would scream, "Mine! No!" Her basket got so heavy with eggs, but she still refused to let go. Instead, she made me carry her, so she could carry the basket. Then she got a hold of someone else's and wouldn't let go of that either.


After the kids found all the eggs, Grandpa would sneak the eggs out of their basket and hide them again to make the hunt last longer.




Holding one of Grandpa's bunnies




Coloring Easter Eggs at play group




Saturday night, we went to Grandpa and Grandma Snows house for another Easter Egg hunt, a yard clean-up and a barbeque. All 15(?) grandkids searched for eggs full of candy and money. They were a big hit.

After nice Easter Sunday church meetings, we went to the Jackson's and had an indoor barbeque. We usually attempt an Easter picnic, but opted to stay indoors this year.

7 comments:

A STAR is born said...

Shan, Kara looks just like you when you were little! And I should know, because I wasn't even born yet! I was watching you from Heaven. Aw.
Can I babysit soon? Yes, I'm serious.

Cami said...

I cannot believe how grown up Kara looks. I just put the same comment on the Ratchfords website. I cannot believe how big your kids have gotten, I don't feel like we have been gone that long. The are adorable. - Cami

Shannon said...

Stef-I know this sounds stupid and mabye even self-absorbed, but last Sunday I was sitting in the stands because I was in the choir and I looked down at Kara and totally saw myself! And I seriously get comments on almost a daily basis about how much my kids look like Cameron.

Babysitting, ey? Would you like to babysit while we go to the temple on Tuesday night? That would be so great!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing about that third picture down, Kara looking exactly like you, Shannon. And I do remember.

Hydes said...

So much fun, your kids look adorable has always!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a brave Grandpa. That is cute to do that for his grandkids.

Eliza said...

okay kara's pigtails are about the cutest thing ever! What fun grandparents your kids have, sounds like good times.