The Carnival ImaginationI know it's over a month late, but I'm obviously a little behind on blogging. It's not near as exciting to blog about something that happened more than a month ago, but it'll help me relive some of the memories (good and bad).
Cameron and I are known for doing things last minute. Most of our "vacations" are little trips that we've decided to do a few days before either because of open flights or because Cameron has some random days off. Our cruise was no exception. We had talked about going on a cruise all winter but it wasn't until Cameron got his February schedule with 10 days in a row off that we decided to go for it. We booked it about a week before it's scheduled departure, February 7th.
Of course, most of the planning for any trip involves finding childcare. The kids ended up going to Karen's, Katrina's and then to Grandma and Grandpa Jackson's. Thanks everyone!
The Carnival Imagination Itinerary:
Departure city: Miami
First stop: Key West
Second stop: Cozumel
Day at Sea
Highlights (#1 being the favorite)
9. Shopping for Swimsuits
8. The midnight buffet
7. Ordering 2 appetizers for myself every single dinner (along with the salad, entree and dessert of course)
6. Our waiter, Evgeney
5. Watching people humiliate themselves doing Karaoke
4. A break from messes, whining and responsibility
3. 80 degree weather in Cozumel
2. The Dining room food.
1. Floating in the ocean at the beach in Cozumel
Lowlights:
5. Shopping for swimsuits (Cameron)
4. The Carnival Ship Mascot
3. The Imagination Dancers dancing in G-strings (during the "family show")
2. The awful smell in the corridor
1. Laying on the floor at the airport while waiting for an open flight because I had a fever, severe body aches, chest cold, and horrible headache
*****
Will we go again? Absolutely, probably not on Carnival and probably not flying standby, but another cruise is definitely in our future.
The dining room. The food was incredible. I ate probably the best salmon of my life.
Cameron hanging out on the sailboat we took for our Cozumel sail/snorkel/beach excursion
Just a tiny part of a special midnight buffet
One of the couples we met- Amber and ....I can't remember his name. Also with Evgeney our waiter from Russia. He was the best. We usually stuck around after dinner just to chat with him.
Formal night. I even got Cameron to go dancing with me at the night club. It was so much fun.
P.S. Sorry if this is hard to read- no matter how hard I try, blogger has a mind of it's own and won't let me space things out the way I want them.





5 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed you threw that together so fast! I had no idea you went, how fun! Great pictures, you are so photogenic!
SO FUN!!!
um did i know you went on a cruise??? how did i miss that. blink for a second and you are on a trip. so jealous. you guys are adorable. next time can we come????
This looks like so much fun. We need to plan a trip or something. We miss you guys tons. - cami
How fun to get away just the two of you, and so spontaneous too, very impressive! btw, you look gorgeous in those pictures, you guys make a darling couple.
Post a Comment