Sunday, October 05, 2008

Hair

I've been meaning to check out this website my friend Rachel linked on her blog forever ago and finally did today. It's a blog with pictures and instruction on how to do girls' hair. I decided to experiment with Kara's hair today (which is still baby fine and very thin, so I'm quite limited) since I've got a little extra time. Ya, It's 1:48 pm and I'm still in my pajamas and my house is a wreck. Priorities, people. At least my 2-year-old will look good.


Much like the pioneer woman cooking blog, whenever I come across these 'how to' blogs, I think, "I can do that. I can cook something awesome or create a fabulous hairdo and share it with the world too."
So, here are some pictures of the finished product of my take on a little hairdo from that blog.


Not bad, eh? If you are wondering, I am fishing for compliments here. I know this stuff is probably way easy for most of you but it's kinda like when you get done with a huge time-consuming cleaning project. You want to call you mother and all your friends over to admire your work and to prove what you have just accomplished. It's not like your kids are going to give you the praise you need. Ya, it's kinda like that.
I've always loved to do hair but since I am not an early riser and am habitually running late, hair do's of this magnitude, I fear, will only take place on days where I can, uh, do hair while "watching" church at home in my PJs.

10 comments:

Kurt and Tami said...

You did an awesome job Shannon! I need to get on that website still. How do you get her to keep things in her hair? Lexi will let me do her hair but then walks out of the room and rips it all out. This does not make me happy because that is one of the things I looked forward to with having a girl.

The Ratchford Family said...

She looks so adorable all styled up. And I am amazed that she sat that still for you to put it in. Now you will always be late somewhere because you will be thinking about what hairstyle to do on cute little Kara.

Shauna said...

Wow, I'm impressed. So cute.

Jen said...

Very cute. If you're lucky, it may last for a couple of days. I have friends who don't do their girls' hair everyday. You'll have to see what works. She didn't look very happy. Bet it pulled alot. Cute, none-the-less.

Emily said...

so cute and i could Never do that!!! she looks so sweet!

Kelly said...

Kara's hair is so cute! Maybe some day I'll have a little girl to do this with. Hopefully Kara will let you continue to fix her hair so cute.

Tyler, Carrie, Bridger, and Calli said...

How cute is that, it looks so good!

Barnes said...

Good job with Kara's hair. I love it!! Maybe I need to be a little more adventurous on Anna's hair. I'll have to do some experimenting.

Amber said...

That is really cute. I actually tried that one on Ella's hair a few times. Yours looks better!

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. Yes, AGAIN! Sorry, I don't have very many blog buddies so I have to rotate the few of you that actually read mine! Besides, I heard you don't have much to do right now (kidding!).

APeck said...

Hey, I ran into your blog from someone and looky here--it's a Shannon that I know! Anyway, so, sitting here trying to figure out how to do the hairdo. Why can't a clip and an elastic cut it anymore?