...for saving me a couple bucks at the Salon. What you see is indeed, a pile of hair. Kara's hair. It's a little hard to see since it blends in with our carpet. One of the many strategic maneuvers by Colby in accomplishing this task, I believe.
I've known for quite some time that this incident was inevitable. Every kid does it, right? Especially if they have a little sister? Colby's cousin Mia beet him to it 3 times I think. I was beginning to believe that maybe, just maybe, Colby might spare me this little bit of grief since he's given me my fair share of trouble. But it's not like him to skip such an important step in child development. The good news is, Kara's hair was in piggies and he just gave them a little trim. It's actually not half bad. When I saw the evidence, I screamed twice and put Colby in his room. When I surveyed the damage, I realized that it could have been SO MUCH WORSE. And I was actually going to take Kara in soon to get her first trim anyway.
He did manage to get a little bit of her bangs that I was working really hard to grow out. I have to say that it actually looks a little better than when her bangs were constantly in her eyes, but now we gotta start all over.
I think he's been planning this for a while. Maybe by catching a few "E" TV programs, or flippin' through a few hair magazines.





11 comments:
Oh my goodness! Aren't you grateful it was just off the length a little. Did you get a new kitchen table? It's cute!
She is still such a cutie, haircut and all. Hopefully she didn't get any ideas. P.S. My brother said the date was fun.
Okay back to the post, I'm sorry for your fear and anguish, but it was a really funny read for the rest of us. That Colby is quite a little character and I'm really impressed by his restraint and frankly, haircutting skills. He may have a future there. Kara looks as cute as ever!
Can't believe it!! Why does that always seem to happen when you are trying to grow hair out when there isn't much to begin with? YOu've had your hands full.
She could be completely bald and would still melt me! I still can't believe my boys have never done that. Sometimes they tell me I need a haircut because my hair is too long and I should have it short like them. I get very nervous when they start talking like that. I swear one of these days I gonna wake up with no hair. Great attitude about the whole thing, by the way:)
It looks like he cut both sides pretty evenly. I am actually quite impressed. You are right, it could have been much worse!
shannon that is hilarious. She still is truly adorable and I kind of can't believe what a good job he did. I would have lost it had I seen that amount of hair, wow so funny and naughty.
I can't believe she held still for him to "do her hair"! They really are a pretty good team aren't they? Well at least he didn't cut them off completely. My niece did this same thing to her little sister...she said she thought her sister's hair (in piggies) looked ugly and went in and chopped them completely off!
Disaster averted!!! she is too cute no matter what. my friends little girl had the ponies cut ABOVE the elastic, not so funny then!
It has definitely happened to us. You handled it alot better than I....literally freaking out. Your kids are adorable.
Let's really get together sometime. Maybe before Christmas? Let's go to dinner sometime or something, or meet at the museum again.
So funny! I'm actually just excited for Lily to have some hair at all. You are lucky that Kara has hair to cut off!
Post a Comment