For all of you on the edge of your seat (and for myself in the future) wondering how my life is going amidst some somewhat stressful events, I am here to update.
I played the piano for the first time in Relief Society last Sunday. What can I say? I'm pretty much just a natural musician. I pretty much just rocked the relief society room. Alright. Really. It actually went pretty well. I gave myself the easiest hymns in the hymn book to start out with so I could get some confidence under my belt and it worked. My nerves didn't get the best of me! What a relief to have the first week over with. There will be endless practicing and lots of mistakes to come, but I don't think I shall be as nervous as I was last week.
As for my new job adventure. I saw my very first patient yesterday and......woowho! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was about ten times as scared to see this patient as I was to play the piano Sunday if that gives you any idea of my anxiety level the last few weeks. However, I was able to pull it together and be as professional as my completely inexperienced self could be (which is code for faking it really good) and the session went relatively well. Like the piano, there is a lot of studying in my future (in addition to the hours and hours spent already), but I'm excited to learn some new things along the way, as long as I don't end up in an anxiety-induced coma that lands me in the loony bin. I will survive.
Now that these two events are over I'm...
RELIEVED
Breathing more slowly
Still stressed because I've only just begun
Thankful and...
Ready to sell 2 kids to the highest bidder because, well... they are driving me crazy! Mean, I know. But it has to be said if I'm truly expressing my feelings here.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Take a Breath
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Woohoo you did it! I've been wanting to hear how it all went, and it's so good to see you survived. Please don't go to the loony bin, it will just keep getting easier and easier! I recommend eating some chocolate and just keep taking it one day at a time (only don't you cut the chocolate off of snickers bars? I have always thought that was kind of weird, but definitely not loony bin worthy!) All of this is easy for me to say as I sit here with the usual knots in my back the size of golf balls from my stressing habits!
Way to go Shannon! I'm very impressed that you have completed two big accomplishments. I'm so glad your job is going well. I can't wait to hear more about it. What's next on your list?
I'm glad everything went well. We've all felt that way about our kids at times. You have a lot on your plate right now. Send them over anytime to play when you need a break.
great job on both things! i wish i could be in relief society to hear you! boo.hoo.
Post a Comment