Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Kara

Princess Kara turned 3 yesterday!!

At her request, she had a Cinderella cake and was showered with several princess presents. This is a relatively new love of hers, but fits in nicely with the rest of her girly desires. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, must be purple and pink. She loves the Care Bears and has loved dolls since she was tiny. As much as she loves these girly things, I still think she'd choose food, particularly anything sweet, over any kind of girly toy.

In the last month, we have caught her with candy in very strange places at very strange times. While up with Ty at 3:00 in the morning, I caught her in the basement eating suckers. The other night I got in bed around 1:00 am and felt something on my back. I reached back to find a half eaten chocolate bar. And Kara was asleep next to me with chocolate all over her face, her clothes, and the sheets. We often find stashes of candy all around our house so that she can get her fix.


Kara is definitely three and everything that comes with it. She's sassy, loves to say no, and is great at the fine art of ignoring. Funny how Colby and Cameron have mastered it as well. I think Ty is even starting to catch on...

Kara makes us laugh everyday. She comes up with funny names for really random things. She has nicknamed a door that is difficult to open in her bedroom, the cookie monster door. She calls people names, not by who they are, but what they have. Cameron's mom and step-dad are "grandma and grandpa big babies" because they have these big dolls that she loves to play with. Cameron's dad and his wife are "grandma and grandpa horsies" and my mom and dad are "grandma and grandpa trampoline."

As naughty as her three-year-old self can be, she is also very sweet. She tells me she loves me several times a day, she LOVES to cuddle with her daddy (so much that she is in our bed every single night), and one of my favorite things about her is she has a really good memory. She remembers everything that anybody gives her and anytime she puts it on or plays with it, she'll tell you where she got it. As she puts on her pink jelly sandals she'll say, "Aunt Lindsay gave these to me." Or when she reads her book about colors, she'll say, " I got this in my Easter basket last year." She also never forgets to tell me thank you for a good dinner. She always says, "thanks for the yummy dinner mom," without being prompted by anyone. Even though she tells me it everyday, it always makes me feel good.


Kara is definitely one-of-a-kind and our lives would not be nearly as interesting, fun, or fulfilling without her around. We love you Kara!

And until March of 2010, that a wrap for us. For birthdays, anyway.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Since we didn't make it over, I wanted to see a picture of the cake. How did it go? You must post them!

JaNae said...

Such a cutie! Happy Birthday Kara!

Rachel M said...

Happy Birthdya Princess Kara! You are so stinking cute and we love you:)

Hydes said...

Happy Birthday cute Kara, I can't believe she is 3, time flies!!!

Karla said...

My favorite part is that she thanks you for dinner every day! How nice is that!