Sunday, May 24, 2009

What Colby's been up to

PRESCHOOL GRADUATION

Playing his instrument during the song


Saying the Pledge





His diploma


Colby and his best buds- Michael and Justin



After this summer, I lose Colby forever. I'm not sure I'll shed tears like a lot of parents do when they send Kindergartners off- I guess I'm pretty heartless. But I do have this sick, panicky feeling in the center of my chest. Did I take advantage of all this time I've had with him? Is he ready to interact with his peers and begin to make decisions on his own on a daily basis? Will I regret not doing more when I had all the time to do it?
I may not show those emotions the conventional way (which is bizarre because I'll cry over hitting a red light or when Albertsons is out of my hairspray), but I get it. I get why parents feel the way they do when they send off their kiddos to school. Those precious moments of time, flexibility, almost complete control, and when they are just completely yours, is over. Alright, maybe I will cry a little.

2 comments:

Kurt and Tami said...

I cried more when Jackson went to First Grade this year than when he went to Kindergarten. It tugs at your heart.

Jen said...

You'll be a little sad and maybe shed a tear or two. The emotions of everything you mentioned start pulling at your heart string. You just have to be content with what you've taught him and all the time you've spent with him. You'll learn to enjoy it. Although, there are times where I wish my kids were all home with me. I like flexibility way too much. School schedules are way to rigid for me.